Re: Margolis

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 15, 2007
      Hi Heather,

      The $100 is a once-off payment. You will become a member of the
      Keidan VRT group and will receive all of the translated Keidan vital
      records--past and future. The total number of records is expected to
      exceed 10,000. I hope you will decide to join.

      Olga

      --- In JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com, Heather Smithard <hsmithard@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Olga
      > Thanks for the information, is the $100 an annual payment or a once-
      off payment.Regards
      > Heather
      >

      > To: JewishKeidan@...: ozabludoff@...: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:01:28
      +0000Subject: [JewishKeidan] Re: Margolis

      > Hi Heather,In order to join the Keidan Vital Records Project, one
      must contribute $100 to LitvakSIG. This qualifies the donor to
      receive all of the translations in Excel format at regular intervals
      as the translations are completed--at least one year before the files
      are posted in the All Lithuania Database. Contributions to LitvakSIG
      may be made online at http://www.litvaksig.org/HTML/donate.htm You
      need to select the Vital Records option and insert "Kedainiai" from
      the drop-down menu.Please feel free to ask any further questions.Olga
      Zabludoff, coordinatorKeidan VRT Project --- In
      JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com, Heather Smithard <hsmithard@> wrote:>>
      Hi Olga> Thanks for the information - I have been on the Keidan birth
      and marriage records online and will use the soundex option this
      time. I have realised that the surname could possibly have changed
      when he arrived in South Africa and I am going on the information
      that was supplied to me via my family. I am also going to spend some
      time over the holiday season to investigate more details about him
      from a South African perspective with our national archives. I have
      the date he married here in SA, who he married, both their dates of
      death as well. Maybe i will be able to find out more information
      about him.> I am also under the impression that he left Keidan with
      his brother, who went to USA - and I don't have any of his details.>
      What does it entail to belong to the Keidan Vital Records Translation
      project? I am keen to join.> This has all been usefeul - again thanks
      for helping me out.> Kind regards> Heather>

      > Express yourself with 30 FREE Emoticons for your Windows Live
      Messenger!