Keidan Vital Records Project

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2005
      Dear Fellow Keidaners:

      I am pleased to report that a translator has already gone to work on
      the Keidan vital records. We are very fortunate in having this
      particular translator assigned to our records. My early contacts
      with him leave me with the impression that he is not only a highly
      professional translator but also a slavish perfectionist. A New York
      City professional librarian, he is well honed in the Library of
      Congress standards for Russian and Polish transliteration. In
      addition to his credentials, his fees are affordable. I feel our
      project is off to a fantastic start.

      But we have a long way to go. To date 90% of our funds have come
      from 10% of Keidan researchers. The donors have been generous and
      have made it possible for translations to begin. It is my hope that
      our translator will stay with this job until it is completed so that
      the project will not suffer from disruption and too many cooks. If
      the 90% of potential donors who have not yet participated rise to
      the occasion, our project will be fully funded.

      $100 contributors will receive the translated records as soon as
      they are proofed and verified. All contributions are welcome and are
      needed. Please don't be apathetic. Help keep the momentum going.
      Flag this message and write your check.

      Contributions to LitvakSIG http://www.jewishgen.org/litvak/donor.htm
      by check or credit card are tax-deductible as provided by law. Mail
      contributions to LITVAKSIG, inc., Department 77-9253, Chicago, IL
      60678-9253. Contribution forms may be faxed to 661/299-9198. Please
      email me for the easy donor form.

      Olga Zabludoff
      Keidan VRI coordinator
      oz@...