  • bbc@st-andrews.ac.uk
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2007
      Dr.Brian B.Cohen
      Sometime Senior Lecturer
      Medical Science
      University of St.Andrews

      information from a newcomer: my father's family starts- david ziv married to
      mary rosenthal.their daughter rachael married david cree(krey) and they moved
      with their children to dundee in the late 19th century.david's father was
      nokhum and his grandfather was zundel. rachel and david 's children were
      mary(married nathan gordon),julia or iochabed(married samuel
      ronder),annie(married barnet cohen from glasgow-my grandparents)and
      nathan(married annie wine).in 1907 when rachael was a widow of 60 she married
      rabbi abraham shyne of glasgow who then went to israel(with rachael?).
      there is also supposed to be a relationship between annie cree(nee ziv) and
      isaac eban the stepfather of the eminent abba. isaac's father and mother were
      israel and annie(nee jaffe).annie jaffe's father was harris and her mother 's
      maiden name stock.israel eban's father was originally pinchas ziv but he
      changed it to eban when he was conscripted into the army(for why?). isaac had
      sibs julia,isabella,minnie and philip.
      my father's father barnet cohen was the son of isaac cohen and betsy
      shapera(his second wife).betsy was the daughter of samuel shapera and esther
      cohen. isaac was the son of barnet cohen and annie belch.barnet(the younger)
      had sibs sarah(married jacob fisher)and annie(married jacob appleton).

      someone was asking about the name plotz-i have photos from the 1920s-40s of
      dr.nathan finn of johannesberg and his daughter isadora.he must have been a
      family friend and i think his wife was jane plotz a journalist(?) in s. africa

      was this too much for a beginner? there's also my mother's family.....
      cheers brian cohen

      University of St Andrews Webmail: https://webmail.st-andrews.ac.uk
    • Josh Weinstein
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19, 2007
        I missed the recent reference to the Plotz family. I
        don't know if the following information is of any
        value. My paternal grandmother was Feiga Ella Leibert
        (Ha Levi family) of Keidan. Tobe Plotz married my
        grandmother's cousin, Hyman Lubit of Keidan. Dick
        Plotz kindly emailed me a chart indicating that the
        family moved to New York. My father's old family list
        includes the names of Hyman Lubit and his son in law
        Samuel Kofsky.
        My maternal grandmother was Chaya (Ida) Rogut of
        Wilkomir. Tobe's first cousin Chaya Devorah Plotz
        married a distant cousin of my grandmother's, Abba
        Rogut of Wilkomir.(I'm sure that my parents were
        unaware of the Plotz connection) The family moved to
        South Africa. Dick Plotz would have more information.

        Josh Weinstein

        Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
        in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.