Chicago Krost's originally from Kedainiai

  • Ada Green
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2006
      Amongst the 4,300 birth records that have been distributed to qualified
      donors by Olga Zabludoff, coordinator of the LitvakSIG Kedainiai Vital
      Records project, are those of two KROST brothers, Gershon son of Leib
      and his brother, Shmuel son of Leib. Their mother was Mere (Rokhel
      Mere) bat Shlioma (Shlema) Yakir. Yakir is the double half of a given
      name, not a surname. Can someone who is related to KROST please tell
      me the surname of Shlioma Yakir (in other words, Mere's maiden name)?

      Gershon and Shmuel KROST later immigrated to America and became Harry
      and Samuel L. CROST, respectively. They are buried in the Kadaner Unt.
      Verein plot at Waldheim Cemetery in Chicago.

      Note that I am not related to this family.

      Ada Green
      adagreen@...