Jewish Keidan Vital Records Project

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11 6:15 PM
      Fellow Keidaners:

      On February 8 Alan Brigish posted a message concerning the LitvakSIG
      online donor form. He had discovered that the form "does not permit
      one to enter a shtetl name under the Vital Records section." Alan's
      post was in response to my February 2 message encouraging
      contributions to the Keidan Vital Records Tranaslation effort.

      I contacted Richard Hoffman, LitvakSIG treasurer, about the problem
      Alan had identified. Richard told me the webmaster had already been
      informed and he hoped the problem would soon be fixed. In the
      meanwhile, donors are asked to fill in KEDAINIAI by hand after
      printing out the donor form. We certainly don't need obstacles to
      block the good intentions of contributors.

      While I have not yet personally contacted those who have already
      contributed to the project, I want to thank you all very much. The
      treasurer told me that the fund-raising has been quite successful so
      far. I really want to meet the goal.

      Please go to http://www.jewishgen.org/litvak/donor.htm to help push
      the project forward.