RE: [JewishKeidan] My visit to Lithuania

  • Sally Mizroch
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 6, 2006

      Hello Jose,

      If Andy wants to put any of these on his amazing web site, it’s fine with me.  I’ll be posting other photos that I took in Lithuania as I get a chance, and I’ll let folks know when I upload them.

      Cheers,

      Sally

      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 7, 2006
        Sally, Jose,

        I'd be happy to set up a link from the Keidan website to the photos; there's no need to put them on the same site, they can be a click away. Sally, I'm fascinated by the pictures you found of old Keidan. Where were they, and do those people know what they have? I'll be fascinated to read more about your trip -- don't spare the details.

        I realized as I was editing the recent messages that it's actually 10 years since the Keidan website went up. I'm chagrined to admit that my web-design skills haven't kept up with the changing technology, and I've been reluctant to revise or update the site (it is indeed a lot of work, particularly for a rank amateur.) But there are lots of new possibilities for material -- such as video, which can be embedded via YouTube or Google. Hopefully I'll have the time to add some of this in the coming months, but I'm always thought of this as a collaborative effort -- if anyone else wants to put a page together (about a particular family, or a visit to Keidan) I'll be happy
        to upload that material or link to it -- whatever will work to expand the Keidan online library.

        (By the way, Sally -- that was indeed my great-grandmother's gravestone pictured in one of your photos. We have photos of it from our visit in '95; I'm glad to see it's still intact.)

        All best,

        Andy

      • Diane Rooney
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 12, 2006
          Hello Sally,

          Enjoyed reading about your trip and meeting with Regina Kopelevich and
          with Yudel Ronder. I had the same wonderful experiences on one of my
          recent trips, and it was fabulous. Regina took me around Keidan, where
          my husband's grandmother's family (Hannah Zelda Gordon, daughter of
          Leibe Gordon)lived. We also visited the local museum (in a former
          barracks or monastery). So glad it was a good trip for you.

          Diane
        • Barbera Levin
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 18, 2006

            Hi Sally

            Thank you so much for your very full and newsy email. I will write to you to find out even more.as my father’s whole family were wiped out in the Holocaust. They all lived in Keidan. According to your records re: the cemetery, his father who I know died before WW ll and after who I was named, died in 1932.My grandfather’s name was Baruch

            Linde and it is because of your information that I have the date. This must have been quite a visit for you!

            Thanks a million

            Shana Tovah

            Sincerely

            Barbara Levin