RE: [JewishKeidan] Re: Stung/Smit familes

  • Dr Asherson
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 23, 2006
      Many thanks..this is the family of Joanne Betten -Kaplan whom I met sedveral
      months ago in San Diego....they will be most intrested.. I shall forward
      your email to her. Our Smit famioly must come from an earlier time...my
      ggrandmother was Enta or Yetta and HER father was Joseph too. What we think
      is that the Joseph you mention may have been the grandson of Yetta's
      father...as we are often nnamed after our deceased grandparents.....my
      ggrandmother would have been born circa 1840 as she died in london in the
      1920's.She had one sister. She should appear on the earlier Keidan
      records.Yetta /Enta married Isher Stung/Shtung who was the only sibling in
      his family... he died young... hence the name phonetically Asherson (=
      isherstung)...Many thanks.. Dr Ronald Asherson, South Africa
    • Dr Asherson
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 23, 2006
        Many thanks Olga ! This is the family of Joanne betten Kaplan of San Diego
        whom I met in October in San Diego..I nhave forwaqrded the email to her. My
        ggrandmother whose father was ALSO Joseph was born circa 1840.... we think
        that the Joseph mentioned here may well have been his grandson......so these
        are the records we are waiting for. Yetta.or Enta would have been married
        anywhere between 1860 -1864... to Isher Stung. Her first child was born in
        1865 (Hana Dvorah) and second (Itzik) in 1874...Ronald Asherson

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 23, 2006
          There is a Pimstein family in South Africa...I assume this is the same name
          ?? Ronald Asherson

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 24, 2006
              Yes, Ronald, PIMSTEIN is the Anglicized version of the name PIMSHTEYN
              in the Old Country.

              Olga

              --- In JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com, "Dr Asherson" <ashron@i...> wrote:

              > There is a Pimstein family in South Africa...I assume this is the
              same name
              > ?? Ronald Asherson

            • Dr Asherson
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 24, 2006
                Yes , small world indeed, particularly Keidan ! Dr Ronald Asherson

                Ron, Interesting information. It is extremely likely
                that my dad knew Sam Betten. In 1938 my dad Ben
                (Barnet) Weinstein and Sam Betten both held office in
                the Keidaner Society of New York.

                Josh
                Weinstein
                (For other viewers, Dr. Asherson and I (and my dad)
                have dna matches on our paternal line. A match implies
                that we likely had a common ancestor around two
                centuries ago. We have looked for "missing links" but
                to no avail. However remote Sam Betten is the first
                identified person with links to both families.
                Hopefully, this is a sgn that there may be more
                links.)

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Linda Dubins
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 25, 2006

                  If an organ transplant was needed, a Keidaner descendent might find a match in another Keidaner descendent!

                  From: Josh Weinstein <jgw111@...>
                  To: JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 08:02:46 -0800 (PST)

                  Ron, Interesting information. It is extremely likely
                  that my dad knew Sam Betten. In 1938 my dad Ben
                  (Barnet) Weinstein and Sam Betten  both held office in
                  the Keidaner Society of New York.

                                                              Josh
                  Weinstein
                  (For other viewers, Dr. Asherson and I (and my dad)
                  have dna matches on our paternal line. A match implies
                  that we likely had a common ancestor around two
                  centuries ago. We have looked for "missing links" but
                  to no avail. However remote Sam Betten is the first
                  identified person with links to both families.
                  Hopefully, this is a sgn that there may be more
                  links.)

                  American family home insuranceAmerican family home insurance companyAmerican family home owner insurance
                  Multi family home for saleSingle family home for saleFamily home finance

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS