Re: Keidan Vital Records Project Update

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 16, 2006
      Dear Barbara,

      LINDE is one of the most abundant names in my Keidan surname index.
      There are 39 LINDE birth records among the 36 years of births that
      have been translated to date. It was obviously a very large family
      in Keidan.

      I won't have any information about the fate of those members of the
      LINDE family who were lost or trapped in the Holocaust because the
      Keidan vital records we have go only through 1914 (starting in
      1822).

      Give me just a little time to work on this and I will get back to
      you. I cannot make any guarantees, but I hope I can help.

      Best wishes,

      Olga Zabludoff

      --- In JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com, "Barbera Levin" <barlev@b...>
      wrote:

      > Dear Olga
      >
      > Thank you so much for your email. I will visit the various
      websites but
      > meanwhile I am experiencing so much frustration. We visited Yad
      Vashem in
      > Jerusalem in November and were unable to find details of my
      father's family
      > who were all killed in the Holocaust. I do have pictures of many
      of them but
      > do not know their married names. However my grandparents were:
      >
      > Sara and Baruch Linde(he died young before the war)
      > Their daughters(my father's sisters), Shayna, Esther,Laya and his
      brother
      > whose name I can't remember.
      >
      > They lived in Keidan and my father's name was Motel(Max)or
      Mordechai as he
      > was known in South Africa to where he emigrated to .in 1927. I
      know that my
      > father studied at the university in Kovno(Kaunas)
      >
      > Do you have any information? At Yad Vashem they had a record of
      Sara Linde

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 17, 2006
        Dear Barbara,

        I have found the birth records of your father, his brother and their
        four sisters. The grandparents' records may appear in the earlier
        birth records now being translated.

        wrote:

        > Dear Olga
        >
        > Thank you so much for your email. I will visit the various
        websites but
        > meanwhile I am experiencing so much frustration. We visited Yad
        Vashem in
        > Jerusalem in November and were unable to find details of my
        father's family
        > who were all killed in the Holocaust. I do have pictures of many
        of them but
        > do not know their married names. However my grandparents were:
        >
        > Sara and Baruch Linde(he died young before the war)
        > Their daughters(my father's sisters), Shayna, Esther,Laya and his
        brother
        > whose name I can't remember.
        >
        > They lived in Keidan and my father's name was Motel(Max)or
        Mordechai as he
        > was known in South Africa to where he emigrated to .in 1927. I
        know that my
        > father studied at the university in Kovno(Kaunas)
        >
        > Do you have any information? At Yad Vashem they had a record of
        Sara Linde
        > but she was the wife of Abraham perhaps a relation but not my
        grandparents.

        > I would be grateful for any help.
        >
        > Regards
        > Barbara Levin

      • Barbera Levin
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 17, 2006
          Dear Olga

          How absolutely wonderful and thank you so much. I cannot believe how quickly
          you have responded. I will respond to your other email which provides me
          with the required address.

          Thanks again

          wrote:

          > Dear Olga
          >
          > Thank you so much for your email. I will visit the various
          websites but
          > meanwhile I am experiencing so much frustration. We visited Yad
          Vashem in
          > Jerusalem in November and were unable to find details of my
          father's family
          > who were all killed in the Holocaust. I do have pictures of many
          of them but
          > do not know their married names. However my grandparents were:
          >
          > Sara and Baruch Linde(he died young before the war)
          > Their daughters(my father's sisters), Shayna, Esther,Laya and his
          brother
          > whose name I can't remember.
          >
          > They lived in Keidan and my father's name was Motel(Max)or
          Mordechai as he
          > was known in South Africa to where he emigrated to .in 1927. I
          know that my
          > father studied at the university in Kovno(Kaunas)
          >
          > Do you have any information? At Yad Vashem they had a record of
          Sara Linde
          > but she was the wife of Abraham perhaps a relation but not my
          grandparents.

          > I would be grateful for any help.
          >
          > Regards
          > Barbara Levin