RE: [JewishKeidan] Keidan Vital Records Project Update

  • Barbera Levin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 15, 2006
      Dear Olga

      Thank you so much for your email. I will visit the various websites but
      meanwhile I am experiencing so much frustration. We visited Yad Vashem in
      Jerusalem in November and were unable to find details of my father's family
      who were all killed in the Holocaust. I do have pictures of many of them but
      do not know their married names. However my grandparents were:

      Sara and Baruch Linde(he died young before the war)
      Their daughters(my father's sisters), Shayna, Esther,Laya and his brother
      whose name I can't remember.

      They lived in Keidan and my father's name was Motel(Max)or Mordechai as he
      was known in South Africa to where he emigrated to .in 1927. I know that my
      father studied at the university in Kovno(Kaunas)

      Do you have any information? At Yad Vashem they had a record of Sara Linde
      but she was the wife of Abraham perhaps a relation but not my grandparents.

      I would be grateful for any help.

      Regards
      Barbara Levin

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 16, 2006
        Dear Barbara,

        LINDE is one of the most abundant names in my Keidan surname index.
        There are 39 LINDE birth records among the 36 years of births that
        have been translated to date. It was obviously a very large family
        in Keidan.

        I won't have any information about the fate of those members of the
        LINDE family who were lost or trapped in the Holocaust because the
        Keidan vital records we have go only through 1914 (starting in
        1822).

        Give me just a little time to work on this and I will get back to
        you. I cannot make any guarantees, but I hope I can help.

        Best wishes,

        Olga Zabludoff

        --- In JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com, "Barbera Levin" <barlev@b...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 17, 2006
          Dear Barbara,

          I have found the birth records of your father, his brother and their
          four sisters. The grandparents' records may appear in the earlier
          birth records now being translated.

          wrote:

          > Dear Olga
          >
          > Thank you so much for your email. I will visit the various
          websites but
          > meanwhile I am experiencing so much frustration. We visited Yad
          Vashem in
          > Jerusalem in November and were unable to find details of my
          father's family
          > who were all killed in the Holocaust. I do have pictures of many
          of them but
          > do not know their married names. However my grandparents were:
          >
          > Sara and Baruch Linde(he died young before the war)
          > Their daughters(my father's sisters), Shayna, Esther,Laya and his
          brother
          > whose name I can't remember.
          >
          > They lived in Keidan and my father's name was Motel(Max)or
          Mordechai as he
          > was known in South Africa to where he emigrated to .in 1927. I
          know that my
          > father studied at the university in Kovno(Kaunas)
          >
          > Do you have any information? At Yad Vashem they had a record of
          Sara Linde
          > but she was the wife of Abraham perhaps a relation but not my
          grandparents.

          > I would be grateful for any help.
          >
          > Regards
          > Barbara Levin

        • Barbera Levin
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 17, 2006
            Dear Olga

            How absolutely wonderful and thank you so much. I cannot believe how quickly
            you have responded. I will respond to your other email which provides me
            with the required address.

            Thanks again

            wrote:

            > Dear Olga
            >
            > Thank you so much for your email. I will visit the various
            websites but
            > meanwhile I am experiencing so much frustration. We visited Yad
            Vashem in
            > Jerusalem in November and were unable to find details of my
            father's family
            > who were all killed in the Holocaust. I do have pictures of many
            of them but
            > do not know their married names. However my grandparents were:
            >
            > Sara and Baruch Linde(he died young before the war)
            > Their daughters(my father's sisters), Shayna, Esther,Laya and his
            brother
            > whose name I can't remember.
            >
            > They lived in Keidan and my father's name was Motel(Max)or
            Mordechai as he
            > was known in South Africa to where he emigrated to .in 1927. I
            know that my
            > father studied at the university in Kovno(Kaunas)
            >
            > Do you have any information? At Yad Vashem they had a record of
            Sara Linde
            > but she was the wife of Abraham perhaps a relation but not my
            grandparents.

            > I would be grateful for any help.
            >
            > Regards
            > Barbara Levin