re: Rachel bat mireinu Yehoshua Heshel

  • caddack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2005
      Dear Keidaners,

      I am trying to find out more about my great grandmother whose English name was Rachel Cadeson. On her tombstone in Melbourne, Australia her name is given as Rachel bat mireinu Yehoshua Heshel. According to one family tradition she was born in Jerusalem in about 1850 but according to another she was born in Minsk. But all agree that the family came from somewhere in greater Russia.
      she married Sabalay Silbermann whose Hebrew name was Sabah Halevi.

      David Alexander
      Puycelsi
      France.