942Fwd: Our annual commemoration meeting - on August 28-th, 2014

  • A Cassel
    Aug 8, 2014
      The following was received today.

      From: Aryeh Shcherbakov <ashcherbakov@...>
      Date: August 8, 2014 at 9:57:47 AM EDT
      To: Aryeh-Leonard Shcherbakov <ashcherbakov@...>
      Subject: Our annual commemoration meeting - on August 28-th, 2014

      Shalom to our Keidaner Friends,

      Another year had passed and we are going again to commemorate our families, murdered in Keidan on August 28, 1941. In the last years we've usually met at the old cemetery of Holon, by the memorial dedicated to the victims.

      This year, on the 73-rd anniversary of the massacre, we’ve decided to hold the commemoration meeting again at the hall of the Association of Lithuanian Jews in Israel, 1 David Hamelech str., Tel Aviv. The meeting will take place on Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 18:00. Everybody, having memories or records, related to his family or to the whole Jewish community of Keidan, is welcome to share them with us.

      Unfortunately, the absolute majority of the first generation of survivors and founders of our association is not with us any more and we have no addresses and/or phone numbers of the second or third generations. Therefore we welcome each recipient of this announcement to pass this information to people who may be interested to join us and to feel themselves a part of the community.

      Those of you, who cannot participate in our meeting, can join us for few minutes of silence at 18:45 (Israel time).

      With best regards,

      Arie (Lionya) Shcherbakov

      secretary of the Association of Keidaners in Israel