      From: JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com [mailto:JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sonja Shacknofsky
      Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 5:28 AM
      To: JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [JewishKeidan] Re: Keidaner Society Johannesburg, South Africa

      Hi Micki,

      Gosh this is amazing. You are 100 per cent right, you knew my whole
      family. My mom, Kitty is still alive and is 91 years old. My Sister
      Sylvia died at the tender age of 44 leaving 3 children, her married name
      was Galgut, and my father died in 1994. My mother did work at Crystals,
      we lived in SilSonia Lodge, I was 4 as we had moved from Pretoria to
      Johannesburg but I have very vivid memories of the place. I don't
      remember your face, but I definitely remember the name Micki Cohen. Is
      your sister Sybil? I remember Mr Rochin, my dad was in constant contact
      with all his lancleit. My Dad lost both his parents, his 2 sisters, his
      brother-in-law and their 2 children on that fateful day in November
      1941. My fathers mothers name was Leah Levitt.

      Micki please keep in touch, I would love to know about your family etc.
      Have you been in England a long time?

      Kind regards and looking forward to hearing from you,

      Sonja Shacknofsky (nee Setting)

      --- In JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com, Micki Dryer <mickidryer@...> wrote:

      > Dear Sonja.
      > When I received this e mail I didn't look at it properly. My son Allen
      > Dryer pointed out that one of the members missing in the photo was J.
      > Pogroske - Jack was my first cousin. Also there was a Mr Rochin - he
      was a
      > witness at my parents' wedding in Keidan in 1930!! What a small world.
      > also told me the Rabbi who officiated at the wedding was murdered on
      > 28th Aug. 1941. My bobba and zeida died before the Holocaust I will
      > to my sister in JHB and she remembers more than I do. Unfortunately
      > she does not have emai
      > My late mother was born in Keidan and her name was Anna Levitan. Her
      > had a bakery and she worked there' Her brother came to SA in 1928. Her
      > one sister also died in the Holocaust- she was Jack Pogroske's mother.
      > I remember you,r family when they lived in Doornfontein in SolSonia
      > Lodge. in Charlton Terrace in the early 1950's.. If I am correct your
      > sister's name was Sylvia and your mom's name was Kitty?? and she
      worked at
      > Crystals. I remember your dad coming to see my mom - we lived in
      > Sivewright Ave.I remember the names in the picture .
      > My name is Micki Dryer (nee Cohen) . I live in England now. I don't
      > if you remember me.
      > This is just a shor email - trying remember more. I will speak to my
      > sister.
      > Regards
      > Micki
      > > Hi everyone,
      > > I was going through my stuff that I brought with when making Aliyah
      > > have come across this photograph which I thought might interest some
      of you.

      > > My father is J Setting, perhaps some of you might recognize someone
      > > know, please let me know if you do, I would be most interested.
      > >
      > > You might have to rotate that photo as it is quite large and I
      > > scan it right side up.
      > >
      > > Regards
      > >
      > > Sonja Shacknofsky
      > >
      > > e-mail address: stephen.shacknofsky@...