676Re: [JewishKeidan] Re: Keidaner Society Johannesburg, South Africa

  • Stephen
    Feb 6, 2012
      I would love to see it. Did you ever live in South Africa? I lived very near to the Sydenham Shul, in fact my wedding reception 43 years ago was in the hall adjacent to the Shul.
      Regards Sonja

      Sent from my iPad

      On 7 Feb 2012, at 03:45, lebofam <lebofam@...> wrote:

      Hi
      Will find one and send it. I live in Toronto. I remember my grandfather saying that he was a member and spoke proudly how keidaners were so close and organised.
      He was a founding member of Sydenham Shul.
      My wife's grandmother - Ruth Green was also from keidan turns out. they knew each other as they both landed in durban before moving to JHB.
      All the best.
      Julian

      On Mon, 6 Feb, 2012 1:47 AM EST Sonja Shacknofsky wrote:

      >Hi Julian it is such a small world. Unfortunately there is no picture of your Grandfather and I don't know why but the name doesn't ring a bell. Where do you live? if you have a photograph of your Grandfather I would love to see it to see if I recognize him as I know that my dad was friendly with all the Keidaners.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic