    Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:53 PM
    Subject: RE: [JewishKeidan] 70th Yortzayt for Keidan - NYC, Aug. 28

    Hi Andy,

    Wish I could attend but living in London , UK makes it difficult. I will mark the Yortzayt here for all the Keidaners. My father’s family were originally Linde or Lindait as known in Lithuanian. His sisters had their married surnames naturally. My paternal grandmother and all her children and grandchildren were killed together with all the Jewish community there. Wonderful that you’ll all be saying Kaddish for everyone and thank you. I’ll ask my husband to say Kaddish at synagogue here.

    Regards

    Barbara Levin

    From: awcassel <acassel@...>
    To: JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 12:24 AM

    Keidaner friends,

    I'm very pleased to invite subscribers to this list to a very special commemoration of Keidan's Jewish community this summer in New York City .

    As you know, Aug. 28, 1941 was the day the Nazis and their Lithuanian helpers murdered more than 2,000 Keidan Jews, methodically shooting and burying them in a mass grave just outside the town.

    This year, on Sunday, Aug. 28, 2011, Keidaners and Keidan descendents in the U.S. will mark the 70th anniversary of that day at the Museum of Jewish Heritage , 36 Battery Place in Manhattan . We will have a brief ceremony, a chance to recall the vibrant community that was and the lives that were ended so cruelly, followed by light refreshments.

    All are welcome to attend. If possible, please let me know by email if you plan to be with us so we can make sure there are sufficient chairs and refreshments. The commemoration will begin at 2pm and finish by 4pm. I hope to see as many of you as possible.

    Warmly,

    Andy Cassel
    awcassel@...

  • Show all 18 messages in this topic