      From: awcassel
      Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 7:24 PM
      Subject: [JewishKeidan] 70th Yortzayt for Keidan - NYC, Aug. 28

      Keidaner friends,

      I'm very pleased to invite subscribers to this list to a very special commemoration of Keidan's Jewish community this summer in New York City.

      As you know, Aug. 28, 1941 was the day the Nazis and their Lithuanian helpers murdered more than 2,000 Keidan Jews, methodically shooting and burying them in a mass grave just outside the town.

      This year, on Sunday, Aug. 28, 2011, Keidaners and Keidan descendents in the U.S. will mark the 70th anniversary of that day at the Museum of Jewish Heritage, 36 Battery Place in Manhattan. We will have a brief ceremony, a chance to recall the vibrant community that was and the lives that were ended so cruelly, followed by light refreshments.

      All are welcome to attend. If possible, please let me know by email if you plan to be with us so we can make sure there are sufficient chairs and refreshments. The commemoration will begin at 2pm and finish by 4pm. I hope to see as many of you as possible.

      Warmly,

      Andy Cassel
      awcassel@...

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic