325keidan archives

  • snausage22
    Jan 2, 2009
      i found this site and am happy about it. my mother is gloria horowiz
      and she asked me to do some resarch since she doesnt have a
      computer.my mothers great grandfather wolf kaplan was a jewish leader
      in the community. he and his family immigrated to the us . others went
      to south africa. in 1900 wolf and meyer kaplan (wolfs father) ,morris
      erens, joeseph weitzer, samuel golden, william einhorn, jacob sugerman
      and max markowitz organized the keidaner association in nyc. they met
      at the broadway central hotel and later at the empire hotel. by 1930
      they had 400 members. morris solomon was the president, joseph
      shapiro--vice pres., and charles lipshitz--dance committee chairman. .
      I have the journal for the 1930 celebration dinner . my mothers
      great-grandparents and grandparents are buried in washington
      cemetary--bklyn..my grandparents--louis and helen kaplan are buried in
      monifore---queens. i would like to donate the journal for historical
      purposes.if anyone has thoughts, pleas feel free to share....jason
      horowitz--queens, ny
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic