156Re: [JewishKeidan] My visit to Lithuania

  • GDLProject@aol.com
    Sep 6, 2006
      Congratulations Sally. I've spent awhile examining these fantastic photos.  I agree that we all should add out Keidan photos, but this also an excellent way to help organize a group for every Litvak shtetl.

      I have already signed up for flicker as a way of helping with the archiving the hundreds of photos we have for Ariogala, Lithuania. The great thing is the ability of others to add to the collection. We are in the process of turning our IAJGS conference presentation, "Re-creating Ariogala: A Lithuanian Shtetl" into an exhibit for several museums in the US and Lithuania. Harvey Kaplan has already been active in interacting with and educating the new generation of Ariogala students about the Jewish past of the shtetl.

      Personally I would like to participate in your project and I am copying this to the new Board of Directors of the LitvakSIG.

      Regards,

      David Hoffman
      Encino, CA
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic