      From: JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com [mailto:JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Sally Mizroch
      Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2006 8:17 PM
      To: JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [JewishKeidan] My upcoming visit to Lithuania

      Hi all,

      My grandmother, Sarah Meltz Mizroch, was from Keidan and my father’s father, Moses Hirsh Mizroch, moved there after they married sometime between 1904 and 1908.  Moses was an innkeeper, and I think his inn was called the Europa.  My father and his siblings were born in Keidan from 1908 through 1913.  Moses’s father, Zalman Yitzhak Mizroch, lived in Ponemunok.  Zalman and his wife Feiga Riva moved to Panevezys eventually and lived near their daughter Cilya (wife of Lev Bernstein).  I’ve been able to trace back to Zalman’s father (Shlomo Berko) and Shlomo’s father (Lozar) in the All Lithuanian database and I know the names of the shtetls they lived in.

      My Mizroch cousin Carol and I will be flying in to Vilnius in a few weeks and we plan to visit the towns and shtetls that our ancestors lived in.  If you all have any suggestions about logistics, please e-mail me.

      Best regards,

      Sally Mizroch

      Mizroch@...

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic