101Re: missing link

    Dec 28, 2005
      Dear Professor Asherson,

      As I indicated in an earlier post to this list, there are 28 Stung
      and 13 Smidt/Smit birth records in the Keidan vital records
      translated to date. Most of these birth records are from the mid to
      late 1800s. If you wish to learn more about the LitvakSIG Vital
      Records Project, please visit the website below:

      http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeol99x/

      We have about 18,000 vital records from Keidan (birth, marriage,
      divorce and death). We have already translated well over 3,5000
      birth records, among these the Stung and Smidt births.

      If I can help you further, please do not hesitate to contact me
      either through this list or at ozabludoff@...

      Olga Zabludoff

      --- In JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com, "Dr Asherson" <ashron@i...>
      wrote:

      > I am looking for any information you might have in the mid 1800's
      for two
      > familes... the STUNG AND SMIT(OR SMIDT) FAMILIES.... Tthey were
      very large
      > families particularly the former.. I am unable to find anything
      and have
      > also searched the Holocaust lists on various sites.. Many thanks !
      Prof
      > Ronald Asherson, South Africa

      Project.
      > To date we have translated and distributed 31 years of Keidan birth
      > records. There are a total of 50 years. In addition, there are that
      > many years of marriage records, divorce, and death records.
      >
      > If you are interested in more information on the Keidan VRI project
      > and would like to learn how to acquire the translated vital
      records,
      > please contact me at ozabludoff@v...
      >
      > Olga Zabludoff
      > Kedainiai VRI coordinator
      >

      > --- In JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com, "Shivarastri"
      > <shivarastri@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm looking for any data regarding my grandfather Eiszig
      > Sholomovich (Sholemovitz or
      > > Slomavitz) born in Keidan, Lithuania January 15, 1902. Moved to
      > Chicago, Illinois in
      > > September 1912. Left on the SS Prinz Adalbert from Hamburg,
      > Germany and arrived in
      > > Philadelphia September 4, 1912. Changed his name to Isadore
      Sloan
      > when he arrived in
      > > America. Brother moved to South Africa and another brother moved
      > to Chicago.
      > >
      > > Thank you
      > >
      > > Howard Berger
      > >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links