New to group

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 10, 2004
      Hi, I'm a 42 year old male from the Louisville, Kentucky area. I
      became Catholic in 2000. I have been struggling with an obsessive
      self pleasure addiction since I learned how (in a very sick way) at
      age 15. Since that time, the longest period I have ever been able to
      resist is 9 weeks - and I've been married for 16 years. I've found
      myself using it to avoid a normal sex life with my spouse, and to
      keep myself so spent that I cannot often respond to her occasional
      advances. I struggle with this problem on a many times daily basis,
      as far as having to fight off the need/desire to indulge myself. I
      wanted to introduce myself, and say how glad I am to have found this
      group.
    • Rich
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 27, 2004
        Doug and others

        I am also struggling against what I call the addiction
        of "stealing pleasure" that God does not intend for
        self-use in secret. I think masturbation addiction is
        a serious problem and I would love t o be talking to
        other guys who take it seriously, day by day. I am in
        my third month since my last slip but I have gone a
        year without self-abuse.

        If any guys want to talk about coping, prayer,
        respecting the penis in the sanctity of marriage vows
        and or total chastity for guys who think they might be
        suffering from SSA (which is the only way God wants
        you to go) please hit me back.

        Its hard dealing with sexual sin alone. Those people
        who tell you jackin it is natural and even one
        Evangelical I heard call masturbation "God's free
        gift" to guys with SSA problems ---I don't think so.

        God didn't create something so good to be misused and
        stolen by single men and used in secret like drugs or
        alcohol.

        Anyone else here feel the same? Or even close? Or if
        not, why not>? I need to talk to someone.\

        halfmeasures dude
        --- Doug <wasbravhrt2k@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I'm a 42 year old male from the Louisville,
        > Kentucky area. I
        > became Catholic in 2000. I have been struggling
        > with an obsessive
        > self pleasure addiction since I learned how (in a
        > very sick way) at
        > age 15. Since that time, the longest period I have
        > ever been able to
        > resist is 9 weeks - and I've been married for 16
        > years. I've found
        > myself using it to avoid a normal sex life with my
        > spouse, and to
        > keep myself so spent that I cannot often respond to
        > her occasional
        > advances. I struggle with this problem on a many
        > times daily basis,
        > as far as having to fight off the need/desire to
        > indulge myself. I
        > wanted to introduce myself, and say how glad I am to
        > have found this
        > group.

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • AJ
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 27, 2004
          Have to agree with you that it is not right...but it is almost
          impossible to fight the urge once you get into it. I think your
          right putting it into the catagory of "addiction". Never have been
          able to talk to anyone about it for obvious reasons. Not the sort of
          thing you talk to a friend about.

        • muscleleg
          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 29, 2004
            Hi Rich!

            Thanks for your kind reference to me in your posting. Please read my
            posting again and then again. You might get more out of it each time
            you reread it. I am not a proponent of masturbation but I do realize
            that people have natural and inherent needs (this is not an
            addiction). Each person's needs are somewhat diffent than the other
            persons but nonetheless we have needs that are to be met whether
            single or married. We eat, sleep, drink, talk, work, etc, each day but
            we don't call them addictions. Also, a sin is an offense against God.
            The laws of God are written on everyone's heart. Know the difference
            between God's laws and man's laws (ideologies). And yes, Sex is a
            gift from God to the entire human race not just to the ones who are
            lucky enough or unlucky enough to be married. Only a mature person
            with a wide range of life's experiences will appreciate those comments
            otherwise they will fall on deaf ears. I am not here to belittle you
            for your comments or thoughts but rather help you to put them in the
            proper perspective and to commend you for your desire to please God
            and do what you feel is right FOR YOU. Obviosly, if you could go
            without any sex (self love or mutual lovemaking) for three months then
            you have a much different sexual libido than a lot of people. Don't
            think that everyone could do that if their life depended on it.
            Accept your sexuality and enjoy it in the moderation that you can and
            don't beat yourself up because of it. You sound like a wonderful
            human being. Life is a continuance of searching for the truth and
            putting it into practice. Be all you can be READ. A learned and
            wise man with understanding is a WELL READ individual who is also
            capable of heeding the promptings of the Holy Spirit.

            Don't beat yourself up over someting that God intends for you to
            ENJOY! But use your sexuality responsibly to benefit another also, in
            a loving and emotionally uplifting manner.

            With Love in Jesus Christ

            Bob
          • bama2mike
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 2 2:21 PM
              Hello. My name is Mike and I have been addicted to jacking off since
              I was 13 years old. I am now 39. I am married, with two boys. My
              wife has found out about my habit recently. I jack off looking at
              pics of men and chatting with other men who jack off. This has
              affected our marriage and sex life over the past year or so. The
              escalation had gotten to a point of no return.

              I have asked God for guidance and help. I am trying desperately to
              not give in to my temptations. I hope joining this group will help me
              in this quest to rid myself of this addiction and become a better
              husband and father. I look forward to hearing from you all.

              Mike
            • Glen Johnson
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 3 7:15 PM
                Brother, I have a very similar background as you.   Let me know if you would like to talk.   I can send you a copy of my personal testimony if you wish too.   I have an MSN group that you can join too.  http://groups.msn.com/MenOvercoming

                Glen.

              • leoathens@webtv.net
                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 3 7:18 PM
                  t the point is this is a part of life it is natural he is haveing fun
                  with us he wants us to feel guilty for doing this he wants us to feel
                  ashamed and ugly and loose our joy
                  i say if you cant controll it you have choose
                  keep doing it
                  stop doing it
                  since h e doesnt help you he is saying ok and the final step cut it off
                  that will end it there you go now where in the bible does it say it is
                  a sin
                  praise on my brothers
                • Michael Greene

                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 16 4:20 PM
                          cool relax just do IT.
                        • cutwoody69
                          Message 12 of 18 , Nov 17 8:21 PM
                            Mike,

                            My story is almost identical to yours, only I started at the age of
                            11. I also have two sons. I know that this habit has affected my
                            marriage, too.

                            You are not alone, man. Part of me thinks the real root problem
                            (pardon the pun) is that we are lonely for male companionship.
                            Jacking off is a uniquely male habit and I think we feel a bond with
                            other guys when we talk about it.

                            Online you have the element of anonimity, which protects us and
                            makes the act more exciting. There's the element of secrecy and
                            companionship. I think most men yearn for both. We have to learn
                            to find this with our wives.

                            I'll pray for you. Please pray for me.

                            Woody

                            --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "bama2mike"
                            <bama2mike@y...> wrote:

                            > Hello. My name is Mike and I have been addicted to jacking off
                            since
                            > I was 13 years old. I am now 39. I am married, with two boys.
                            My
                            > wife has found out about my habit recently. I jack off looking at
                            > pics of men and chatting with other men who jack off. This has
                            > affected our marriage and sex life over the past year or so. The
                            > escalation had gotten to a point of no return.
                            >
                            > I have asked God for guidance and help. I am trying desperately
                            > not give in to my temptations. I hope joining this group will
                            help me
                            > in this quest to rid myself of this addiction and become a better
                            > husband and father. I look forward to hearing from you all.
                            >
                            > Mike

                          • jinxy_inc
                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 18 8:37 PM
                              hi bro, it's really sad hear ur prob but i'm really proud coz u wanna
                              change.i hope we can together support each other n gain trusted people
                              around us!
                            • Glen Johnson

                                Message 15 of 18 , Nov 19 8:12 PM
                                  Woody,

                                  Thanks for the response.  I believe you are exactly right about the need for male companionship.  What you say makes perfect sense.  I hope you are making it through this as well.  I feel like this is an addiction that I will have to deal with day-to-day.  I appreciate your prayers and do the same for you.

                                  Mike

                                  <bama2mike@y...> wrote:

                                  > Hello.  My name is Mike and I have been addicted to jacking off
                                  since
                                  > I was 13 years old.  I am now 39.  I am married, with two boys.
                                  My
                                  > wife has found out about my habit recently.  I jack off looking at
                                  > pics of men and chatting with other men who jack off.  This has
                                  > affected our marriage and sex life over the past year or so.  The
                                  > escalation had gotten to a point of no return.
                                  >
                                  > I have asked God for guidance and help.  I am trying desperately
                                  > not give in to my temptations.  I hope joining this group will
                                  help me
                                  > in this quest to rid myself of this addiction and become a better
                                  > husband and father.  I look forward to hearing from you all.
                                  >
                                  > Mike

                                • mrdude196147
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Nov 16 7:26 PM
                                    I just joined this group and am looking for new Christian friends to
                                    chat with. Send me an email or just an IM at mrdude196147 and I'll
                                    answer as soon as I can. I'm married man, 47, with two sons. I've been
                                    a Christian since I was 20.
                                    Jaz
                                  • iowadude61
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Nov 22 2:35 PM
                                      Its good you joined this group for the support. Most in group can understand. I'd like to chat with you sometime.

                                      Dick
                                      --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "Doug" <wasbravhrt2k@...> wrote:

                                      > Hi, I'm a 42 year old male from the Louisville, Kentucky area. I
                                      > became Catholic in 2000. I have been struggling with an obsessive
                                      > self pleasure addiction since I learned how (in a very sick way) at
                                      > age 15. Since that time, the longest period I have ever been able to
                                      > resist is 9 weeks - and I've been married for 16 years. I've found
                                      > myself using it to avoid a normal sex life with my spouse, and to
                                      > keep myself so spent that I cannot often respond to her occasional
                                      > advances. I struggle with this problem on a many times daily basis,
                                      > as far as having to fight off the need/desire to indulge myself. I
                                      > wanted to introduce myself, and say how glad I am to have found this
                                      > group.

                                    • fabian_miller
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Nov 29 8:43 PM
                                        I struggle daily with this. Prayer seems to be helping but could always use a chat or
                                        phone call from a Christian brother who's also struggling. Strength shared is a grace, I
                                        think. If you IM or call, just mention the struggle. I'm not always in a place to discuss this.

                                        Errol