The Unexpected Upside of Rejection

  • ThomH
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2010
      Good Guys,

      I got so good at looking like I was running the race that I forgot I was not even in the stadium.  And it cost me dearly, to the point of reaching a point where there was nothing believable about me at all.  I knew Christ, but I was so busy covering myself that I refused to realize He had covered it all for me.

      I hope you'll read the rest of this week's blog post and let me know your thoughts.  It's at http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/

    • John Spooner. South Oz.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2010
        Dear Mr. Hunter.
        Could you clarify some points for my academic information regards this post.
        I understand and agree what you say in your analogy below in general, but I have no idea what you mean as applies to yourself...are you saying that you see no need to defend yourself because you think that God is on your side?
        Fred Phelps thinks God is on his side too; so does Pat Robertson; Jim Jones thought God was on his side as well...
        Regards and thanks.
        John S.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2010
          John,

          I can't fathom how someone "academic" could perceive that about me at all. Confession and repentance are the methods by which we reconcile our failures.  We are nothing without God.  The fact that you have grouped me with three men who are renowned for reckless and dangerous comments far beyond the pale, stuns me.  I think sometimes you just like to pick fights something to get some interest going.  You surely can't be as dense about these issues as you portray in your question or so unable to discern the hearts of men?

          Not everything I write is only about myself.

          I do think perhaps because of the wild misinterpretations that you apply here and there to what are quite simple posts, it might be better for the group that I not post them here anymore.  Your reactions are usually far from the norm.  I'm not sure how to make them simpler for you.

          Truly, John, I am curious as to whether you feel, for some reason, that it is your job to insult me on occasion, such as you have done by bringing up those three men in the context of my blog.

          I will not argue just for the sake of you sounding off.  We are supposed to do things that edify the Body of Christ as believers.  If we are both believers, we need not seek ways to tear each other down, and it appears you do that.

          Thom