Re: [Jesus-is-our-victory] Is it ok to have sex with men if you don't have anal?

  • jay orknay
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 1, 2010
      you are absolutely right.  Thanks for reminding us Thomj

      Blessings and Gods love
      anddrew

      From: NewKnightRider <nmic28732@yahoo. com>
      To: Jesus-is-our- victory@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Monday, March 1, 2010, 11:30 AM

      as a former member of g0y groups, I say that it still leads you down the path that starts with lust.

      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 3, 2010
        Hi Thom.  Thankyou so much for your post on this subject.  I totally agree with you.  Reading the subject it is not ok to have any kind of sex with man regardless of whether it anal or not.  For years I have always wanted such a David and Jonathan type relationship and God brought a man into my life who is 25 years younger than I am. I am 60. We met 11 years ago and he moved into our house over 7 years that I share with my wife and family. He is godly and was a support to us as well as to the church.  We would give our lives for each other and yes we have hugged each other several times and he has cried on my shoulder a few times.  Our relationship is a very close one. He has moved out to start another job quite a distance away from us. I am pleased for him and our love is still the same.
        I am with you on this Thom.  I am have sexuality issues caused by an interruption of bonding with the parent of the same sex. God can give the power to overcome this.  God loves the sinner but hates the sin.  Unfortunately we have become a sexualised society. When we live as God intends we will be happy
        Blessings and Gods love and protection and wisdom
        Andrew

        John and Patrick,

        I actually go by Thom, not Mr. Hunter.  I'm not sure why you used that, unless it is an effort to intimidate, which should not be necessary.  We simply disagree on some points.

        Regarding David and Jonathan, I believe that David had a love for Jonathan that exceeds sexuality and stands as an example of how two heterosexual men can love each other.  Prior to Kinsey's research on sexuality, no serious theologian or psychologist had even considered the possibility it was homosexual.  The interpretation Patrick embraces is culture-driven.  I suggest he go to this link and he will find a great deal of information that aligns with my personal beliefs:  http://www.pleaseco nvinceme. com/index/ Were_David_ and_Jonathan_ Homosexual_ Lovers

        Regarding King James?  He may well have been gay.  There is certainly plenty of evidence he had extramarital affairs and his attitude was clearly "This is who I am.  Get over it."  However, God can use whomever He wishes to do whatever He pleases.  The Bible is filled with stories of men with siginificant issues who were nonetheless used by God to accomplish His purposes.  There are many Christians today who struggle with homosexuality.  The fact that this problem exists in their lives does not make them unusable by God.  One of the biggest issues I myself have faced is that when people found out I had struggled with homosexuality, they wanted to discount the good things I had done as a Christian.  We all sin.  King James had a desire to see the Gospel shared with all people.  It does not take a perfect man to do the will of God.

        I thought I made it clear what I believe about behavior versus orientation.  Many people may never know what caused their orientation towards their own gender.  It does, at this point, seem to be beyond our understanding.  However, behavior is another matter.  We clearly have a choice there.  My reading of the Bible makes it clear to me that homosexual behavior -- not the orientation -- is the sin.  And the Bible makes it clear that God is able to help us resist temptation.  G0ys believe that having oral sex with another man is acceptable to God and is merely an extension of love for someone of the same sex.  I do not believe that.  Show me why you do?

        I do believe the g0y movement is simply a way to offer an excuse . . . a man-made grace.

        I think, Patrick, that you are being mislead.

        Thom
        http://thom- signsofastruggle .blogspot. com/

        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 7, 2010
          Further reply from Patrick for Mr. Hunter.

          ----------------------

          Patrick,

          I can't dissuade you. I know that.

          {{{You don't have to worry about me...I'm not sexually active anyway...that's not my purpose for being involved with g0ys.}}}

          We would only end up arguing back and forth, refuring points and refining interpretations. I hope for you that your involvement with g0ys will not lead you further away fromk what God intends for men.

          {{{What God intends for men is only for God to know...

          But, personally, despite being a Christian before I discovered g0ys, after, it has solidified my relationship with God, because I am comfortable knowing how I am is a product of his infinite wisdom, and that behavior which I have rejected was a factor completely separate from who I am and how he created me. If anything, I am closer to God than ever before. This is something that would be echoed by many of my peers.}}}

          I have been to the site, read the justifications, the historical references and the philosophies. I just don't agree.

          Others can certainly do their own research: http://www.g0ys.org/initialize.htm

          There is a great deal of information on the pages and in the links and it is clear that while bonding may certainly be a great motivation, sexual activity between the g0y men is common.

          {{{"...sexual activity between the g0y men is common..." ----- Have you any firsthand proof of this???}}}

          {{{Sexual activity between ~~men~~ (in general) is common. @40% of men identify as heterosexual; @10% identify as homosexual; [BOTH, by themselves, minorities]; @50% fall in between...despite what anyone says, this is how God made man. So this makes the ~potential~ g0y demographic approach the 60% range. We know the 40% aren't interested, and a portion of the homo 10% will always be stubbornly seduced by gAy. It's not a case where 10% are homosexual and 90% are heterosexual (and exclusively so). The numbers indicate that there is a whole sliding scale, a vast range of intrinsic differences in each human being - no different than our fingerprints or the colors of our eyes. Evidence of the wondrous range of God's creation. To infer that God didn't figure all this (diverse ORIENTATION) into his plan is pretty insulting to his infinite wisdom.

          But, responding to how you worded your comment, sexual activity between g0y men is UNcommon. 1) I refer you back to the primary focus of g0y philosophy - Friendship First. 2) The logistics dictate that g0y men do not become sexual all that often. G0y is not something that is known widespread at the present time. Those that do know about it likely become part of a community that is flung so widely geographically that connecting in real-time, even non-sexually, is a rarity. It's not like we have a clubhouse atmosphere, or that we have g0y rallies or parades, or frequent 'g0y bars' (they don't exist, they would be a hypocrisy), or go on g0y cruises, etc. G0y is not a 'thing'...it is part of a guy's innate being...it's how he treats his fellow man, it's how he defines his relationship with the world around him. If a man calls himself g0y, and then presents himself as otherwise, or behaves as a slut, then he's not g0y and the rest of us will shun that individual faster than the Amish ever have turned their back on anyone. I'm not naive, I know there are men that claim g0y that are really frauds looking for masculine gay men to have sex with...just like there are plenty of heterosexual Christian 'leaders' that betray themselves through their hypocritical gay behavior...but they don't fool us for long.}}}

          I remain convinced that g0y is just a way to help men better accept their homosexual orientation,

          {{{And is that a bad thing? If it helps a homosexual man understand the difference between orientation and behavior and it turns him away from the gAy lifestyle? Aside from that, did you completely miss the point I made that a LARGE percentage of the men that have discovered and joined the g0y movement are heterosexual, married and NOT interested in sex with men??? What possible reason could there be that they identify with statements that g0ys make if g0ys was a homosexual-centric movement?}}}

          and, in that sense, replaces dependency on God.

          {{{Many of our supporters are also Christian in their beliefs, both before and AFTER their discovery of g0ys.}}}

          {{{If I could trust you to ask questions of actual g0y members without going on a crusade to change their lives, I'd invite you to join a few g0y groups and ask guys to clarify misconceptions you have, or at least come to understand that actual g0ys do not see g0ys as you see g0ys and do not exhibit the behavior you assume. But I feel that would have disastrous results...as in you might get booted out before anything productive would be exchanged, simply because you would continue to attempt to link us with gAy sexual behavior. That's something no one of my peers would have put up with as long as I did here. I will say, you have at least been far more respectful that any of the pathetic queens in any of the gAy venues I have visited.

          I'm surprised that your fellow members have nothing to say...or are you an army of one? Out of respect for them and you, I haven't persuaded any of my peers to come barging in here behind me...}}}

          {{{God Bless you as well.

          Patrick}}}

          http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/
          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 7, 2010
            Patrick,

            I too am not quite sure why the rest of the group has been silent on this, other than John, who has expressed no opinion.

            I do want to remind you that your original question in the subject line is:  "Is it ok to have sex with men if you don't do anal?"  That tells me that you are not convinced; otherwise you would not have been asking the group members that question.

            My answer remains as it was when we started this discussion:  no.

            I truly do hope that the g0y thing does not just lead you down a path that separates you further from God.

            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 7, 2010
              Hi Thom.  Thanks so m;uch for your stance on this.  I agree with you.  I have gone to the goy site and what I have seen would draw me back into unwholesomeness which I am struggling against.  Some of the photos were explicit.   Goys are wrong but they are still loved by God and by Christians with Gods love
              blessings and Gods love and protection
              andrew

              Patrick,

              I can't dissuade you.  I know that.  We would only end up arguing back and forth, refuring points and refining interpretations.  I hope for you that your involvement with g0ys will not lead you further away fromk what God intends for men.  I have been to the site, read the justifications, the historical references and the philosophies.  I just don't agree.

              Others can certainly do their own research:  http://www.g0ys. org/initialize. htm

              There is a great deal of information on the pages and in the links and it is clear that while bonding may certainly be a great motivation, sexual activity between the g0y men is common.  I remain convinced that g0y is just a way to help men better accept their homosexual orientation, and, in that sense, replaces dependency on God.

              http://thom- signsofastruggle .blogspot. com/

              Message 6 of 22 , Mar 7, 2010
                Hi Thom.  As I have mentioned  I agree with you on this and support your stand. It is something to be avoided
                Blessings and Gods love
                andrew

                Message 7 of 22 , Mar 7, 2010
                  Thom,

                  I believe that as soon as we say this is ok and this is not ok,,,,,,,we become a Pharisee.  They took the 10 Commandments and produced books of rules.  Jesus was not kind to the Pharisees or their rules.

                  We live in a fallen word,,,, we are born with a penchant for sin.  We never out-grow this desire to sin.  We just have to except that we sin,,, it's comes with being human on this planet,,,, get over it,,, learn to live with that reality.  Now look to Jesus as our redemption.  With Jesus we walk a better life,,,,, but not a sinless life,,,,so do not start writing rules for others to live by,,,, it only sets you and them up for failure when sin enters and we  do not live up to that standard.

                  This is one of the major reasons that so many gay teenagers/men kill them-selfs,,, they just can not live up to the rules others have written for them.

                  Just like not all are healed when we pray for them,,,,, not all men are changed form gay to straight when they/we pray for them.

                  So take your opportunity to lead a gay man to Jesus,,,,, so do not spend your one chance telling him the same thing he has been told every day of his life.

                  John

                  Message 8 of 22 , Mar 7, 2010
                    John,

                    I agree with much of what you said.  However, we don't do anyone favors by telling them that something the Bible says is sin is not sin.  Certainly we have to be understanding and compassionate and forgiving . . . but we should stand as brothers trying to help brothers walk to freedom.  Truly, as one who engaged in homosexuality for many years, I understand how difficult it is, and I was greatly damaged by the judgement poured out by churches and Christians towards those who struggle with a sexual sin, as if it were greater than other sins.  Sin is sin.

                    However, I would not tell a gossiper it is okay to gossip as long as what you are saying is true.  No . . . gossip is sin.  I would tell them they need to ask God for the strength to eventually overcome the sin of gossip.

                    We need to support and love and forgive . . . but when you see a brother who is compromising his own journey willingly . . . not because he is tempted, but because he is being mislead . . . it is not loving at all to ignore it.

                    I did not make the presumption that Patrick does not know Jesus.  In fact, I presumed that He is a Christian, but just struggles with something common to us all:  sin.

                    His question framed it in the realm of sex, not friendship or male bonding.  Sex outside of a monogomous marital relationship between a man and a woman is a sin.  You won't be doing him or any other Christians favors by watering down the truth.  We need to help each other walk in the truth and do so out of genuine love and compassion.

                    Message 9 of 22 , Mar 7, 2010
                      I don't know about the rest of you but the WORD OF GOD IS THE FINAL AUTHORITY ON ALL MATTERS. Whose rules or standards will you follow when same sex marriage becomes legal across America? The goys are nothing more than an instrument of deception. Terry.

                      ----------

                      ________________________________
> [...]

                      > as you see g0ys and do not exhibit the behavior you assume. But I feel that would have disastrous results...as in you might get booted out before anything productive would be exchanged, simply because you would continue to attempt to link us with gAy sexual behavior. That's something no one of my peers would have put up with as long as I did here. I will say, you have at least been far more respectful that any of the pathetic queens in any of the gAy venues I have visited.
                      >
                      >I'm surprised that your fellow members have nothing to say...or are you an army of one? Out of respect for them and you, I haven't persuaded any of my peers to come barging in here behind me...}}}

                    • John Cliford
                      Message 10 of 22 , Mar 7, 2010
                        Thom,

                        I know what my character flaw is,,,, it's the subject of this group.  It has been the same all my life,, high school and college the peer pressure was great,,,,, I was very careful to hide it well.   I never acted on it and was very good at hiding it until my wife died.   Now it is very easy to be anonymous living alone in a large metro area.  The desire is there so the sin is there even when I do not act on it.

                        I am not going to judge anyone else's life,,,,,,, I'm not going to waist my one time with a gay men pointing out his sin,,,,gay men get that almost every day from many parts of society,,,,,, I will use that one opportunity to tell him about the love and redemption offered by Jesus.

                        It seems to me that most of the Christian Church thinks that they must fix a gay man before they will allow him to become a Christian.  I believe a gay man has a much greater chance of living a victorious life if they are born-again, filled with the Holly Spirit.

                        Yes I get criticized for ignoring the sin,,,,,, I think I'm giving them the tools they need to live that victorious life in or out of the gay life style,,,, that is between them and the Lord,,,,I'm not the accuser,,,, Satan is...

                        I have been a born-again Spirit Filled Christian for 54 years,,,,I'm still that same sinner,,, but with Jesus,,,, I live in Victory that can only come with the Spirit of Jesus living in me.  I will do all I can to pass that along to all who will listen.

                        Message 11 of 22 , Mar 7, 2010
                          God loves all people including gays
                          He sent His son to die for the worlds
                          andrew