Re: [Jesus-is-our-victory] Newbee! Hi ! I am Chaz and I have questions, ..w...

  • NewKnightRider
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 2009
      Hello, my brother!
      Father, we love You!  We praise You!  We thank You for all You've done!
      Forgive us of how we've messed up.  We've failed at many things, not just in sexual areas. Forgive us for all of them.  Thank You!
      Bless Chaz, and protect him from the enemy, who is trying hard to confuse him.  Lead him to a church where he can find Christian brothers who will walk with him. In Jesus' Name, AMEN!

      Chaz, you are a new person, because of what God has done for you, through Jesus Christ.  It's not going to be easy, but you must remember that just to have a feeling is not wrong. In "Christianese" I would say that it is not a sin to be tempted.  When (not if) you feel the desire to engage in homosexual sex acts, a sincere prayer like this:  "Help me, Lord!" will help you a lot.  But you must also choose to not do the act.  If you do (and all of us have "messed up" some time or another) admit to God what you've done, and ask Him to forgive you.

      I am walking in faith and victory over homosexuality and depression, because of the love, grace, mercy and forgiveness of God, and the Blood of the Lamb, the Lord Jesus Christ.  Plus nothing.  Yet I am tempted many times, every day.  Being tempted is not a sin, and is not a sign that you have screwed up, or that God ignored you, or that your faith was weak, etc.  Don't believe any of that garbage.  Choose to believe that God did exactly what He said He would do, regardless of what you feel, or what's going through your head.

      I love you!  Hang in there!
      jeffnkr

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 6, 2009
        Hey NKR!
        Thanks for your prayers. It is cool to know I've got strong bros in the faith that are willing to stand with me against the darkness that seems to be out there all the time. I've been in the Scriptures and found the a lot of help and Wedensday home fellowship too. I've been prayed over with the "laying on of hands", and was told I have a demon of Homosexuality. The Elders tried to cast it out of me, but all I felt was shame. I don't think I have a demon. I haven't had sex since I prayed to be saved (Nov.27) although I have had to jack-off. Now is that a sin? How do you deal with that? I've been told by an old friend that some churches are "fear based religions". And to stay away from it.
        Thanks for your help...Chaz

        --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, NewKnightRider <nmic28732@...> wrote:

        > Hello, my brother!
        > Father, we love You!  We praise You!  We thank You for all You've done!
        > Forgive us of how we've messed up.  We've failed at many things, not just in sexual areas. Forgive us for all of them.  Thank You!
        > Bless Chaz, and protect him from the enemy, who is trying hard to confuse him.  Lead him to a church where he can find Christian brothers who will walk with him. In Jesus' Name, AMEN!
        >
        > Chaz, you are a new person, because of what God has done for you, through Jesus Christ.  It's not going to be easy, but you must remember that just to have a feeling is not wrong. In "Christianese" I would say that it is not a sin to be tempted.  When (not if) you feel the desire to engage in homosexual sex acts, a sincere prayer like this:  "Help me, Lord!" will help you a lot.  But you must also choose to not do the act.  If you do (and all of us have "messed up" some time or another) admit to God what you've done, and ask Him to forgive you.
        >
        > I am walking in faith and victory over homosexuality and depression, because of the love, grace, mercy and forgiveness of God, and the Blood of the Lamb, the Lord Jesus Christ.  Plus nothing.  Yet I am tempted many times, every day.  Being tempted is not a sin, and is not a sign that you have screwed up, or that God ignored you, or that your faith was weak, etc.  Don't believe any of that garbage.  Choose to believe that God did exactly what He said He would do, regardless of what you feel, or what's going through your head.
        >
        > I love you!  Hang in there!
        > jeffnkr

      • John Spooner
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 7, 2009
          Hello Chaz,
          Disregard that nonsense about laying-on of hands, prayer and the
          attribution of things to demons as they are three of the fundamental
          Pentecostal errors. The "demon" nonsense is serious error in that they use
          it to shift blame onto a third party, thus avoiding self-reponsibility. It
          is the old "the devil made it do it" ploy. Neither of them work, also their
          error of "prayer" does not work either.
          Unfortunately the church has no understanding of the complexity of
          human sexuality and in the majority of cases simply increases the burden and
          guilt feelings of persons seeking help. The advice of your old friend is
          sound.
          Regards.
          John S.

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 7, 2009
            John:
            I agree with you, to a point.  I think that there are many Christians - not just Pentecostals - who do indeed try to look for the proverbial demon behind every bush. Some Christians do indeed try to shift the blame for their mistakes and their deliberate screwups to the enemy.

            I DO believe in demonic activity. I DO believe that the enemy of God is alive and well and very active. I also believe that his greatest success stories are when we as Christians make excuses and blame others and/or ultimately him for whatever goes wrong in the world and in our individual lives, trying to shift blame and make ourselves look good.  It's the "I'm a victim!" mentality.  To that end, I think there are indeed demons who are very good at the art of deceit.  While I do not think there is a demon exclusively charged with homosexuality, I do think that each demon can and does do whatever it can to influence us to sin in many different ways.  We therefore choose to erroneously think that we are trapped, and cannot change, and that God hates us, and homosexuality is how we were born, and is therefore a gift from God, etc.  We can and do make our own choices.  If satan could force us to do anything, we would be able to say that all the evil we did was not our fault, and Jesus would not have had to die on the Cross for us.  We cannot be forced to do anything by a demon or the boogerman himself. He would not if he could, because he has more success, doing things the way he's doing them, now. But there IS an unseen force of GOOD (God The Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, and all the angels) and an unseen force of evil (satan and all the demons) actively at work in the world. Why else would God have included passages in the Bible, such as Ephesians 6:10-18?  Spiritual warfare IS going on, all around us.

            I have experienced the grace and mercy of God, and His tremendous love and forgiveness.
            I know the joy and the peace that comes when one goes directly to God, and admits one's failures and screwups, and owns reponsibility.  God knows all about us; He already knows what we have and have not done. The stupidest, most idiotic thing anyone can do is try to lie to God.  All things considered, there isn't anything else that is a greater waste of time and effort. The enemy tempts us, but it is ultimately us who make the decision to choose God and His Way, or the enemy and his way.

            I think you gave good advice.  We need to take responsibility for our own actions.  The Bible says that God is rich in mercy and abounding in steadfast love, and His mercy is everlasting.  But it is human nature to want to shift blame.  I have done it. I was not successful, of course!

            Love you all!
            jeffnkr

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 7, 2009
              I JOHN 2:1
              My (brothers) these things write I unto you that you sin not.  And if any (person) sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

              I do not believe that the actual act of masturbation is wrong.  In His great love, our Father deliberately chose to make men with a penis, and a scrotum, both of which are outside the body and therefore potentially visible to anyone who has normal vision.  Our penises were also created with the ability to become erect. God also deliberately equipped us with the ability to desire and to enjoy having an erection and ultimately an orgasm.  It is not a sin to want to have an erection and an orgasm, because that's how our God-given body parts and mentality were designed to work.

              The sin and the guilt that we men feel after we have masturbated is what the enemy uses to get us to choose to feel shame.

              HOWEVER, we DO sin, when we masturbate, because when we do it, we think of all kinds of sexual acts, thinking that that is what we must do in order to achieve an orgasm.  It is indeed a sin for us to choose to fill our minds with the trash of the world.

              I do believe that, in most cases (no, not all) that masturbation is a sin for a MARRIED man. When we husbands feel sexual desire, we are commanded of God to direct those energies and desires towards our wives, putting their needs and desires above our own.  I believe that when a married man chooses to masturbate, INSTEAD OF going to his wife for intercourse, then he has committed a serious sin.  It's called selfishness.  Years ago, a brother and I talked about his, and he said that he would masturbate several hours before the time of intimacy with his wife, because that helped him to last longer when they were having intercourse.  I don't believe that that is a sin.

              All men, who have been through puberty and therefore can masturbate, should take care to not masturbate excessively.  I am not a professional, and this should not be considered as advice, etc, from a professional, but I believe that if we men masturbate excessively, we get into the mindset of "get it up and get it off AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE".  That MIGHT lead to frustration in marriage, because the mind has been set up to send the cues to the penis to get erect and expel the semen, all within a matter of a few seconds or a minute or two. Sexual intimacy in marriage is the ideal established by God, and in that setting, we husbands must learn to take plenty of time.  We must consider our wives' orgasms as more important than our own.  Men of any age, single or married, who masturbate more than twice a day, IMHO, run the risk of PSYCHOLOGICALLY setting themselves up for premature ejaculation problems.  Again, that is not the view of a professional, so no one should take it as such.  Men who have or think they have problems with premature ejaculation or any other sexual- or health-related issues should consult their private physicians.

              Chaz, IMHO, the actual act of masturbation is not a sin.  It's the thoughts that we men choose to accept into our minds, that causes the problems and is the sin.   If you do masturbate and you feel guilty, go to God, and talk to Him about it.  If you still feel guilt afterwards, then THAT guilt is from the enemy.  If you have made full confession to God, and still feel guilty, you can tell the enemy to go take a hike.
              Thanks for your prayers. It is cool to know I've got strong bros in the faith that are willing to stand with me against the darkness that seems to be out there all the time. I've been in the Scriptures and found the a lot of help and Wedensday home fellowship too. I've been prayed over with the "laying on of hands", and was told I have a demon of Homosexuality. The Elders tried to cast it out of me, but all I felt was shame. I don't think I have a demon. I haven't had sex since I prayed to be saved (Nov.27) although I have had to jack-off. Now is that a sin? How do you deal with that? I've been told by an old friend that some churches are "fear based religions". And to stay away from it.
              Thanks for your help...Chaz

              --- In Jesus-is-our- victory@yahoogro ups.com, NewKnightRider <nmic28732@. ..> wrote:

              > Hello, my brother!
              > Father, we love You!  We praise You!  We thank You for all You've done!
              > Forgive us of how we've messed up.  We've failed at many things, not just in sexual areas. Forgive us for all of them.  Thank You!
              > Bless Chaz, and protect him from the enemy, who is trying hard to confuse him.  Lead him to a church where he can find Christian brothers who will walk with him. In Jesus' Name, AMEN!
              >
              > Chaz, you are a new person, because of what God has done for you, through Jesus Christ.  It's not going to be easy, but you must remember that just to have a feeling is not wrong. In "Christianese" I would say that it is not a sin to be tempted.  When (not if) you feel the desire to engage in homosexual sex acts, a sincere prayer like this:  "Help me, Lord!" will help you a lot.  But you must also choose to not do the act.  If you do (and all of us have "messed up" some time or another) admit to God what you've done, and ask Him to forgive you.
              >
              > I am walking in faith and victory over homosexuality and depression, because of the love, grace, mercy and forgiveness of God, and the Blood of the Lamb, the Lord Jesus Christ.  Plus nothing.  Yet I am tempted many times, every day.  Being tempted is not a sin, and is not a sign that you have screwed up, or that God ignored you, or that your faith was weak, etc.  Don't believe any of that garbage.  Choose to believe that God did exactly what He said He would do, regardless of what you feel, or what's going through your head.
              >
              > I love you!  Hang in there!
              > jeffnkr

            • edmund ortega
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 8, 2009
                To Chaz,

                I commend you for seeking good counsel.  The Scriptures are the best source.  I have a Priest who has been supportive in my walk with God.  As a Catholic, I attend the local parish where I walk with the Lord with many people I could turn to at all times.  We just are there for each other.

                I am in the church choir.  It's my ministry as well as a food bank volunteer.

                I was in a relationship with another man for a year and a half in my 30's.  Now in my 40's God has shown me a purpose in my life to take a wife and have a family all my own.

                God gives us the desires of our heart.  And wherever our heart is there so shall be our treasure.  It's like God in His time gave me a desire to continue my family line as it were.  To have little Edmunds running around and God showing me He is the Giver of Life, the Holy Spirit.

                God loves us all, and as a Father, we could trust Him as His children.

                Jesus, the Savior, was like us in all ways, but sin.  Sin has no power over Him.  And, greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world.

                In shame, there is a healthy shame, and destructive one.  Healthy shame convicts us when we are wrong and causes us to want to do better and edifies the spirit.  Shame for shame's sake can rip at what we have attained in the way of self-esteem and feeling loveable.  Cast out the evil here and cling to the good, in a general sense.

                Much can be written on the subject of homosexuality and morality and discerning God's will and purpose for us.  Let me encourage you to seek brothers and sisters in the Lord, who are compassionate, understanding and full of God's love.

                I do not think sex is the happy drug people think it is.

                Love is where it is at, and it does not require 'doing it' just because you got an urge.  It's like you gotta realize what you are giving up when engaging in sexual activity with someone who may not care if you live or die.  They are just out to 'get off' on their urge, and then, 'later dude!'  Emotionally damaging both.  Something to consider.

                1 Corinthians 13:4-13 is awesome!  "Love is patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud...There are three things that remain -- faith, hope, and love -- and the greates of these is love.

                All the best,
                Edmund