Re: [Jesus-is-our-victory] Hey..

  • Franz Tiger
    Message 1 of 9 , May 7 12:22 PM
      Read John Bradshaw's book on Shame.  Healing the Shame that Binds..I am reading it and it is excellent.  Makes you do a lot of digging.  If you want to talka about the topic, I am game.

      franz

      Message 2 of 9 , May 7 12:40 PM
        get into a young adult group at some solid christain church - there are kids that need help out there
        --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "yofrilib" <yofrilib@...> wrote:

        > I'm new to the group as well and am also looking for people to grow into my manhood with. I'm 26 years old and I feel stumped.
        > I barely leave my house any more and Ive been like this for over a year. Thats how much shame I have. I have a college degree and have worked since I was 17. I moved back into my parents house after being on my own for a while and I'm feeling pretty low.
        > Any advice and mutual support is welcomed.

      • rampratabq
        Message 3 of 9 , May 7 1:10 PM
          Hey there,

          I don't know if you moved back home due to the economy or because of personal issues, but keep on track! I know things are tough but it sounds like you have made the choice to live by your princilples and that is tough to do as an "exgay" "celibate gay" or whatever we are. You may want to seek professional help through counseling if you are unable to function due to depresssion.

          Mike

          --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "yofrilib" <yofrilib@...> wrote:

          > I'm new to the group as well and am also looking for people to grow into my manhood with. I'm 26 years old and I feel stumped.
          > I barely leave my house any more and Ive been like this for over a year. Thats how much shame I have. I have a college degree and have worked since I was 17. I moved back into my parents house after being on my own for a while and I'm feeling pretty low.
          > Any advice and mutual support is welcomed.

        • yofrilib
          Message 4 of 9 , May 20 9:32 PM
            I tried counseling..It's just so costly. I don't have the money for it unless I work, but I feel so anxious. I'm somewhat hesitant to work right now. I want to, but sometimes I ask myself if I'm insane, becuase of my feelings of depression and anxiety. When I was going to counseling the counselor seemed to keep pointing out the same points that my problems were rooted in a crisis of identity. But we had established that from the get go. I recognize that I need to do something, but I'm not even sure where to start sometimes.
            I was also speaking to a psychoanalyst who literally told me that there was nothing he could do for me anymore and that I should go to some retreat. I dunno...
            I'm somewhat speecless. I won't stop working on getting past this though.

            Message 5 of 9 , May 20 9:32 PM

              Message 6 of 9 , May 20 9:34 PM
                Sure Im up for talking about the topic...I actually read that book, it was very pro gay, but did still have some interesting things to say. I may have to give it another read. I honestly can't remember too much of what was said.

                --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, Franz Tiger <franz.tiger@...> wrote:

                > Read John Bradshaw's book on Shame.  Healing the Shame that Binds..I am reading it and it is excellent.  Makes you do a lot of digging.  If you want to talka about the topic, I am game.
                >
                > franz
                >

                > ________________________________

              • edmund ortega
                Message 7 of 9 , May 26 11:13 PM
                  You have my support through this low period...I have had depression and anxiety and crisis in identity, so I could understand and empathize with you...you seem smart and willing to work through it, so things could only get better...one piece of advice a friend told me was to be gentle with myself because depression is tough...help in dealing with a mental condition may be found free of charge through the County, Dept of Behavioral Health...ask for an assestment to see if you could get a psychological diagnosis...a social worker worker could help you get Supplemental Income which will help financially...Now I am the one in control of my life here, and I have learned a tremendous amount about life and what it is to take my life back...as for the doctors and health professional they are their for you, so put them to work...there are people who can help you best, so be your best friend, link up with them, work with them and know you will get through this...ask your parents what would help them now that you are at home and be willing to work on the house...What do you think about the ideas I have given?

                  On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 9:32 PM, yofrilib <yofrilib@...> wrote:

                  I tried counseling..It's just so costly. I don't have the money for it unless I work, but I feel so anxious. I'm somewhat hesitant to work right now. I want to, but sometimes I ask myself if I'm insane, becuase of my feelings of depression and anxiety. When I was going to counseling the counselor seemed to keep pointing out the same points that my problems were rooted in a crisis of identity. But we had established that from the get go. I recognize that I need to do something, but I'm not even sure where to start sometimes.
                  I was also speaking to a psychoanalyst who literally told me that there was nothing he could do for me anymore and that I should go to some retreat. I dunno...
                  I'm somewhat speecless. I won't stop working on getting past this though.

                  --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "rampratabq" <rampratabq@...> wrote:

                  > Hey there,
                  >
                  > I don't know if you moved back home due to the economy or because of personal issues, but keep on track! I know things are tough but it sounds like you have made the choice to live by your princilples and that is tough to do as an "exgay" "celibate gay" or whatever we are. You may want to seek professional help through counseling if you are unable to function due to depresssion.
                  >
                  > Mike
                  >

                  > --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "yofrilib" <yofrilib@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I'm new to the group as well and am also looking for people to grow into my manhood with. I'm 26 years old and I feel stumped.
                  > > I barely leave my house any more and Ive been like this for over a year. Thats how much shame I have. I have a college degree and have worked since I was 17. I moved back into my parents house after being on my own for a while and I'm feeling pretty low.
                  > > Any advice and mutual support is welcomed.

                • purifyingpath
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 31 7:25 AM
                    Hey Man,
                    I thought for years my problems were tied to my homosexual orientation, but I learned in the past few years that I have NLD or Non-Verbal Learning Disorder. I am a loner and see the world differently than others, maybe you are similar, have you looked into Asperger's Syndrome, HFA, or other mental conditions?