New to group

  • mrdude196147
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 16, 2008
      I just joined this group and am looking for new Christian friends to
      chat with. Send me an email or just an IM at mrdude196147 and I'll
      answer as soon as I can. I'm married man, 47, with two sons. I've been
      a Christian since I was 20.
      Jaz
    • iowadude61
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 22, 2008
        Its good you joined this group for the support. Most in group can understand. I'd like to chat with you sometime.

        Dick
        --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "Doug" <wasbravhrt2k@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I'm a 42 year old male from the Louisville, Kentucky area. I
        > became Catholic in 2000. I have been struggling with an obsessive
        > self pleasure addiction since I learned how (in a very sick way) at
        > age 15. Since that time, the longest period I have ever been able to
        > resist is 9 weeks - and I've been married for 16 years. I've found
        > myself using it to avoid a normal sex life with my spouse, and to
        > keep myself so spent that I cannot often respond to her occasional
        > advances. I struggle with this problem on a many times daily basis,
        > as far as having to fight off the need/desire to indulge myself. I
        > wanted to introduce myself, and say how glad I am to have found this
        > group.

      • fabian_miller
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 29, 2008
          I struggle daily with this. Prayer seems to be helping but could always use a chat or
          phone call from a Christian brother who's also struggling. Strength shared is a grace, I
          think. If you IM or call, just mention the struggle. I'm not always in a place to discuss this.

          Errol