Overcome

  • yiftos18
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2006
      This is from a devotional, but it's just so judgemental (I am being
      sarcastic). It focuses on the word that is in the title of this
      group: OVERCOMErs

      Overcome!

      1 JOHN 5:4 NKJ
      4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is
      the victory that has overcome the world--our faith.
      5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that
      Jesus is the Son of God?

      All of us have a choice: we can either make excuses, or make
      progress in life.

      Most people have an excuse. They are too young or old, short or
      tall, educated or uneducated -- whatever. We all have some
      reason to justify our failure.

      But when we focus on God and His ability and willingness to
      help us in every way -- all our excuses beome insignificant.

      God's intention is not for His children to be defeated by the
      problems of life. No! The problems of life are opportunities
      for us to experience God's help and provision.

      God plans for His children to overcome.

      How?

      By faith!

      And faith is available to anyone who will feed on the Bible.
      Faith comes from God's Word like physical energy comes from
      eating physical food.

      So, if your faith is weak, take in more of God's Word.

      Then your faith will grow strong. Then you can overcome the
      problems you face. Then God will be glorified in you.

      SAY THIS: With the help of God, I will overcome!