Re: The difference between men loving men and being depraved

  • jamesflinchbaugh
    Message 1 of 3 , May 28, 2006
      I think I hear and understand you well. I do not engage in sexual
      activity but am happy with my same sex attraction. Does not being
      happy mean being gay? It used to a long time ago.

      --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick"
      <badpuppy3@...> wrote:

      > Too many people equate gAy with engaging in anal sex or other
      > disgusting and depraved behaviors.
      >
      > Leviticus says 'thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind'.
      > But does it ever say be ashamed of how God created you? Does it say
      > that two men could not be in love or live their lives together as
      one?

      > Some say marriage is only for heterosexuals, but this is yet another
      > 'man-made' institution. Jesus says in Matt 22:30, in response to
      > questions asked of him about marriage, that marriage is of this
      world
      > only: 'For in the resurrection there is no marriage; everyone is as
      > the angels in heaven'.
      >
      > Too many people think that the prohibited physical acts are a
      > prerequisite for a full and satisfying relationship. Too many people
      > equate the prohibited physical acts with the single defining
      criteria
      > for a large segment of the population that has varying degrees of
      > attraction to the same sex. Too many people equate the prohibited
      > physical acts with the way God created us as far as our emotions and
      > attractions.
      >
      > This is the fallacy in the definition of gAy. Society, both
      mainstream
      > and gAy, and the worst segments of both, have put this stigma on men
      > who are attracted to other men. We all have varying degrees of
      > attraction to members of the same sex. Sure, there are the
      minorities
      > that are exclusively hetero or homosexual, but in between is a whole
      > range of emotional attraction. This does not mean that the majority
      > engages in anal sex (lying with a man as with a woman) but the
      > emotional attraction is still there. And God does not prohibit that.
      >
      > Anal sex does not define who I am. The disgusting representations of
      > gAy society as depicted in the news, on television and print are not
      > what I, and many other men (g0ys) are about. We reject those
      > depictions and characterizations.
      >
      > I hope that many of the self-haters in this group will come to
      realize
      > that who and what you ARE, and what you DO - are two very distinct
      and
      > separate things. You can BE WHO and WHAT you ARE and NOT DO those
      > things that the world has forced us to believe is the only
      definition
      > there is.
      >
      > Men being emotionally attracted to other men does not equal 'mankind
      > lying with mankind'. Gay (g0y) does not equal anal. Our being is not
      > so trivial as to be reduced to something so base and depraved.
      >
      > We, as humans, are so much more than that, and worth so much more in
      > God's eyes and in the many ways he created us.

    • Josue Navarro
      Message 2 of 3 , May 29, 2006
        Praise the Lord!!
        im sry i cant stand reading about all this God Made people Gay stuff, or Born Gay Stuff. excuse me if God made u a MAN U R A MAN!! and if God made u a Women U R A WOMAN. God does Not make Mistakes, if God created people for the same attraction to the same Sex then there is no reason of following God. Remeber GOD WANTS HOLINESS, same sex attraction is not Holiness, God Condems man&man or in a biblical words to God Man&Man is a Abomination meaning GOD Hates such acts. i dont care what science says, i dont care what gay affirming churches say, and i dont care what philosophy says, or statistics or anything that is contridictary to the word of the Lord. if u are a true Follower of Jesus Christ One should APART from the world, and Conserved for Christ. this what the Word of the Lord has to say today. "Repent(Change ur hearts and MInds) and be baptised Everyone of You in the NAME of JESUS CHRIST for the REMISSION of SINS and recieve the gift of the HOLY GHOST. ACTS2:38
        this is the plan of Salvation for this Generation, if this Message offends u, srry if its does after all God's Word is as Sharp as a Sword that penetrates the soul of man.

        <badpuppy3@...> wrote:

        > Too many people equate gAy with engaging in anal sex or other
        > disgusting and depraved behaviors.
        >
        > Leviticus says 'thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind'.
        > But does it ever say be ashamed of how God created you? Does it say
        > that two men could not be in love or live their lives together as
        one?

        > Some say marriage is only for heterosexuals, but this is yet another
        > 'man-made' institution. Jesus says in Matt 22:30, in response to
        > questions asked of him about marriage, that marriage is of this
        world
        > only: 'For in the resurrection there is no marriage; everyone is as
        > the angels in heaven'.
        >
        > Too many people think that the prohibited physical acts are a
        > prerequisite for a full and satisfying relationship. Too many people
        > equate the prohibited physical acts with the single defining
        criteria
        > for a large segment of the population that has varying degrees of
        > attraction to the same sex. Too many people equate the prohibited
        > physical acts with the way God created us as far as our emotions and
        > attractions.
        >
        > This is the fallacy in the definition of gAy. Society, both
        mainstream
        > and gAy, and the worst segments of both, have put this stigma on men
        > who are attracted to other men. We all have varying degrees of
        > attraction to members of the same sex. Sure, there are the
        minorities
        > that are exclusively hetero or homosexual, but in between is a whole
        > range of emotional attraction. This does not mean that the majority
        > engages in anal sex (lying with a man as with a woman) but the
        > emotional attraction is still there. And God does not prohibit that.
        >
        > Anal sex does not define who I am. The disgusting representations of
        > gAy society as depicted in the news, on television and print are not
        > what I, and many other men (g0ys) are about. We reject those
        > depictions and characterizations.
        >
        > I hope that many of the self-haters in this group will come to
        realize
        > that who and what you ARE, and what you DO - are two very distinct
        and
        > separate things. You can BE WHO and WHAT you ARE and NOT DO those
        > things that the world has forced us to believe is the only
        definition
        > there is.
        >
        > Men being emotionally attracted to other men does not equal 'mankind
        > lying with mankind'. Gay (g0y) does not equal anal. Our being is not
        > so trivial as to be reduced to something so base and depraved.
        >
        > We, as humans, are so much more than that, and worth so much more in
        > God's eyes and in the many ways he created us.

      • Dale Malhenzie
        Message 3 of 3 , May 30, 2006
          Its what it used to mean. I have a fond memory of singing in a quartet with 3 other boys in 4th grade. We sang songs from the gay nineties. Before I ever heard gay used any other way. It was also over 40 years ago since I am 51 now. I would also go back to not having to lock my house or car like we did then. but I guess when I get to Heaven I will have all my desires fulfilled and no more frustration with this life.