RE: [Jesus-is-our-victory] Re: It fucking sucks!!!!!

  • Dale Malhenzie
    Message 1 of 14 , May 24, 2006
      Things sure get twisted by guys that call them selves gay. I might have done things I wish I hadn't but I dont call myself gay. What a way to distort the real meaning of a word. Most of them dont want to call sin sin either. There is the verse in the Bible that says something about calling evil good and good evil. I guess we have really come a long way. Like the Evangelist said last nite we dont need a bridge to the future like HIllary said. We need a bridge to the past. A time when men (and) women got up early and read the Word and prayed and looked and acted like Godly people should.

      Frank Long <iamJavaJoe@...> wrote:
      translating is not rewritting. and acording to the gays ever one in history
      is.

      >From: "Patrick" <badpuppy3@...>
      >To: Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Jesus-is-our-victory] Re: It fucking sucks!!!!!
      >Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 07:43:36 -0000
      >
      >King James himself rewrote the Bible in his time...and by the way, KJ
      >was gay as well.
      >

      >--- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Long"
      ><iamJavaJoe@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > read your bible not the man's rewrite but the King James version.
      > >

      > > >From: "Patrick" <badpuppy3@...>
      > > >To: Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com
      > > >Subject: [Jesus-is-our-victory] Re: It fucking sucks!!!!!
      > > >Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 23:07:30 -0000
      > > >
      > > >Being attracted to other men is not a temptation from Satan. It is how
      > > >God made some of us, his children. We were all made in the image of
      > > >God, and that includes all of us, and I challenge you to prove that
      > > >"God himself is straight". Just like someone is tall or short, thin or
      > > >fat, (Tony, fight the temptation - stop working at Krispy Kreme - see
      > > >the analogy?), blond and blue-eyed, red-haired, brown-eyed, straight
      > > >or GAY or any other point on a very diverse scale of humanity.
      > > >Christians like you do more damage than good, especially with someone
      > > >young and impressionable like Mike. Shame on you.
      > > >

      > > >--- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony"

      > > >thing you do, i've
      > > >understand where

      > > >course comes
      > > >we see an
      > > >to him about
      > > >to us that God a)
      > > >also tells us that
      > > >in Job, i forget

      > > >kind it is,
      > > >sucks big time, i can't
      > > >it's gotten better

      > > >throws at us that we
      > > >you need help of

      > > >Satan, fight him man,

      Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

    • Patrick
      Message 2 of 14 , May 28, 2006
        Although the title page of The King James Bible boasted that it was
        "newly translated out of the original tongues," the work was actually
        a revision of The Bishop's Bible of 1568, which was a revision of The
        Great Bible of 1539, which was itself based on three previous English
        translations from the early 1500s. So, the men who produced the King
        James Bible not only inherited some of the errors made by previous
        English translators, but invented some of their own.

        Desiderius Erasmus was a "Christian humanist" who collected Greek (and
        Latin) New Testament manuscripts and compared and edited them, verse
        by verse, selecting what he considered to be the best variant
        passages, until he had compiled what came to be known as the "textus
        receptus." Early English translations of the Bible, like those
        mentioned above, were based on his "textus receptus." Erasmus was also
        a monk whom some historians believe engaged in homosexual activities.

        But without both King James and Erasmus, the most widely touted Bible
        in Christian history would never have been produced, the KJV (or shall
        we say, Gay-JV?) Bible.
        - Skip Church

        King James & Letters of Homoerotic Desire

        The first edition of the English Bible commonly known as the "King
        James Version" was printed in 1611. King James VI & I of Great Britain
        had sponsored the project, and the translators appropriately dedicated
        the new Bible to him. At this point in his own personal life, King
        James had already been involved in a love affair with one man, the
        Duke of Lennox, which provoked a rebellion in Scotland; his current
        lover in England was a young man whose special relationship with the
        king would earn him the Earldom of Somerset. By 1615, however,
        Somerset's fortunes declined and James succeeded in luring his most
        famous lover, George Villiers, later Duke of Buckingham, into bed.
        What are we to make of these relationships between King James and his
        so-called "favorites?" Many earlier historians treated the subject
        with shock, disdain, and denial. Only recently has the subject been
        treated more seriously and fairly by scholars such as Caroline
        Bingham, Jonathan Goldberg, Roger Lockyer, and David Bergeron.

        How many folks know that King James (who commissioned the King James
        Bible and to whom it was dedicated) loved men and had sex with them?
        At the age of thirteen James fell madly in love with his male cousin
        Esme Stuart whom he made Duke of Lennox. James deferred to Esme to the
        consternation of his ministers. In 1582 James was kidnapped and forced
        to issue a proclamation against his lover and send him back to France.

        Later, James fell in love with a poor young Scotsman named Robert
        Carr. "The king leans on his [Carr's] arm, pinches his cheeks, smooths
        his ruffled garment, and when he looks upon Carr, directs his speech
        to others." (Thomas Howard, Earl of Suffolk, in a letter, 1611)

        Carr eventually ended the relationship after which the king expressed
        his dissatisfaction in a letter to Carr, "I leave out of this
        reckoning your long creeping back and withdrawing yourself from lying
        in my chamber, notwithstanding my many hundred times earnest
        soliciting you to the contrary...Remember that (since I am king) all
        your being, except your breathing and soul, is from me." (See The
        Letters of King James I & VI, ed., G. P. V. Akrigg, Univ. of Calif.
        Press, 1984. Also see Royal Family, Royal Lovers: King James of
        England and Scotland, David M. Bergeron, Univ. of Missouri Press, 1991)

        James's sexual orientation was so widely known that Sir Walter Raleigh
        joked about it in public saying "King Elizabeth" had been succeeded by
        "Queen James."
        - Catherine D. Bowen, The Lion and the Throne

        A physical weakling, as an adolescent James had shown himself to be a
        coward, who liked only to hunt, to read (which he did, prodigiously)
        and to talk. To protect himself he wore thick quilted doublets, so
        padded that they provided a kind of armor against any assassin who
        might attack him with a knife. When he revealed a sexual preference
        for men, falling in love with his cousin Esmé Stewart and elevating
        him to a position of authority on the royal council, some of his
        nobles kidnapped James and held him captive, banishing Stewart and
        controlling James's every move. After nearly a year James escaped, but
        continued to resent his jailers; after he began to rule on his own
        behalf, at seventeen, he made it a priority to bring the turbulent
        Scots nobles under control.

        As he aged James indulged his preference for handsome men, living
        apart from his wife. His doting fondness was part paternal, part
        erotic; he called his favorite George Villiers "sweet child and wife"
        and referred to himself as "your dear dad and husband." But to his
        courtiers, the sight of the aging, paunchy, balding monarch, who
        according to one court observer had a tendency to drool, leaning on
        his paramours was utterly repellant.

        The first of the king's minions was Robert Carr, Groom of the
        Bedchamber, who the king elevated to earl of Somerset and appointed
        Lord Chamberlain. After six years of favors and royal gifts Carr was
        brought low, accused of murder and sent away from court. The second
        and greatest royal favorite, the extraordinarily handsome George
        Villiers, rose from cupbearer to Gentleman of the Bedchamber and
        ultimately to Earl of Buckingham.

        "I love the Earl of Buckingham more than anyone else," James announced
        to his councilors, "and more than you who are here assembled." He
        compared his love for the earl to Jesus's affection for the "beloved
        disciple" John. "Jesus Christ did the same," the king said, "and
        therefore I cannot be blamed. Christ had his John, and I have my George."

        With such pronouncements King James seemed to reach a new level of
        outrage, especially when he compounded his offense, in the view of
        many, by heaping Buckingham with costly jewels, lands, and lucrative
        offices.

        -Royal Panoply, Brief Lives Of The English Monarchs
        Carrolly Erickson

        King James was gay
        http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=king+james+was+gay

        The advocates of KJVO believe that the King James Version is the only
        God-inspired translation of the Holy Bible.
        http://www.raptureready.com/rr-kjvo.html

        "Doing God's will" is a prodigious task and unmistakably a human
        enterprise. As a human enterprise, "doing God's will" is invariably
        subject to error because it is fraught with both humble intent and
        righteous indignation. Its anchor and its impetus are found in the
        human act of interpreting the Word of God.
        http://thewitness.org/agw/monroe.jan2001.html

        God's Secretaries: The Making of the King James Bible by Adam Nicolson
        http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=God%27s+Secretaries%3A+The+Making+of+the+King+James+Bible+by+Adam+Nicolson&btnG=Google+Search

        --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, TERRANCE QUALLS
        <prophettere@...> wrote:

        > King James did neither write or re write. He only sponsored the
        translating of the Bible into the English language (which in certain
        parts of Europe up to that point was a crime punishable by death).
        Secondly, concerning King James being gay, anyone can make accusations
        concerning a person 400 years after the fact. In law and in
        jurisprudence there must be a perponderence of evidence and/or
        credible wittnesses for an accusation to be counted as fact.

        > Patrick <badpuppy3@...> wrote: King James himself rewrote the
        Bible in his time...and by the way, KJ
        > was gay as well.
        >

        > --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Long"
        > <iamJavaJoe@> wrote:
        > >
        > > read your bible not the man's rewrite but the King James version.
        > >

        > > >From: "Patrick" <badpuppy3@>
        > > >To: Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com
        > > >Subject: [Jesus-is-our-victory] Re: It fucking sucks!!!!!
        > > >Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 23:07:30 -0000
        > > >
        > > >Being attracted to other men is not a temptation from Satan. It
        is how
        > > >God made some of us, his children. We were all made in the image of
        > > >God, and that includes all of us, and I challenge you to prove that
        > > >"God himself is straight". Just like someone is tall or short,
        thin or
        > > >fat, (Tony, fight the temptation - stop working at Krispy Kreme - see
        > > >the analogy?), blond and blue-eyed, red-haired, brown-eyed, straight
        > > >or GAY or any other point on a very diverse scale of humanity.
        > > >Christians like you do more damage than good, especially with someone
        > > >young and impressionable like Mike. Shame on you.
        > > >

        > > >--- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony"

        > > >thing you do, i've
        > > >understand where

        temptation of
        > > >course comes
        > > >we see an
        > > >to him about
        > > >to us that God a)
        > > >also tells us that
        > > >in Job, i forget

        > > >kind it is,
        > > >sucks big time, i can't
        > > >it's gotten better

        > > >throws at us that we
        > > >you need help of

        > > >Satan, fight him man,

        > Christian man Christianity Mere christianity

        Service.

        > ---------------------------------

      • Frank Long
        Message 3 of 14 , May 28, 2006
          Patrick where did you study?

> [...]
          >Secondly, concerning King James being gay, anyone can make accusations
          >concerning a person 400 years after the fact. In law and in
          >jurisprudence there must be a perponderence of evidence and/or
          >credible wittnesses for an accusation to be counted as fact.
          > >
          > > Patrick <badpuppy3@...> wrote: King James himself rewrote the
          >Bible in his time...and by the way, KJ
          > > was gay as well.
          > >

          > > --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Long"
          > > <iamJavaJoe@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > read your bible not the man's rewrite but the King James version.

          >is how
          >thin or

          >temptation of
          >tempt us,
          >talks
          >(it's not

          >crazy,

          > > Christian man Christianity Mere christianity

        • Patrick
          Message 4 of 14 , May 28, 2006
            Ah yes, the Godly people...

            Like the ones in the Crusades and the Inquisition? Like the ones who
            brought black slaves from Africa? Like the ones who massacred the
            native peoples in America in the name of Christianity and Catholicism?
            Like the ones who have conquered, subjegated and victimized almost
            every person, people or country on the planet at one time or another
            in history? Like the 'godly people' in the White House and the
            religious reich 'evangelists' living in their mansions and driving
            their expensive cars and prosyletizing for cash (their true god)?

            And speaking of a 'bridge to the past', it IS possible for men to love
            other men (as we once did - in the past) without buying into all the
            depravity and decadence that pervades the gAy community nowadays.
            There is a name for these men and it is not gAy...it's g0y. We set
            ourselves aside from the

            I'm not gAy, I'm g0y...g0ys don't buy into the whole offensive
            present-day gAy culture, and we are also anti-anal sex...

            http://www.g0ys.org/

            My group:

            [And by the way, g0y - (spelled g-zero-y), the zero meaning NO anal
            sex - has NOTHING to do with the Jewish derogatory term goy or goyim,
            so don't even go there. That's such a meritless and immature argument
            against what we stand for. The similarity in words is just a coincidence.]

            --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, Dale Malhenzie

            Message 5 of 14 , May 28, 2006
              so in you huminstic view God and his people are bad and any one that rejects
              Gods word right

            • Dale Malhenzie
              Message 6 of 14 , May 30, 2006
                Which Crusades are you speaking of? The ones when catholics purged the land of any one who stood in their way/ Or the one where the Araabs took Jerusalem. .  I wasn't thinking about the people I never met. I was thinking of friends that I used to have who have gone on to Heaven or that met in different places when I was in the army for 20 years. No I wasn't thinking of the Godly people in the White House but since you brought them up. Are they any worse than the "GODLY" people who were in the White House right before them? I think not and did we start this war that lots of people are against now? NO!! But somebody in a "Peaceful" religion did start it. I dont cling to any religion but I do have beliefs. So if we did nothing and let the terrorists have  free entrance everywhere what would happen then? We might not be able to have peace in a few year anyways we could just let them make it happen faster. I dont know if you have heard but there are some in Iraq that are in favor of us being there and some of them happen to be soldiers who are fighting. and there are some who are hearing about a savior that they would not have heard about if they didn't go there.