RE: [Jesus-is-our-victory] Re: It fucking sucks!!!!!

  • Frank Long
    Message 1 of 14 , May 22, 2006
      read your bible not the man's rewrite but the King James version.

    • Patrick
      Message 2 of 14 , May 23, 2006
        King James himself rewrote the Bible in his time...and by the way, KJ
        was gay as well.

        --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Long"
        <iamJavaJoe@...> wrote:

        > read your bible not the man's rewrite but the King James version.
        >

        > >From: "Patrick" <badpuppy3@...>
        > >To: Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com
        > >Subject: [Jesus-is-our-victory] Re: It fucking sucks!!!!!
        > >Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 23:07:30 -0000
        > >
        > >Being attracted to other men is not a temptation from Satan. It is how
        > >God made some of us, his children. We were all made in the image of
        > >God, and that includes all of us, and I challenge you to prove that
        > >"God himself is straight". Just like someone is tall or short, thin or
        > >fat, (Tony, fight the temptation - stop working at Krispy Kreme - see
        > >the analogy?), blond and blue-eyed, red-haired, brown-eyed, straight
        > >or GAY or any other point on a very diverse scale of humanity.
        > >Christians like you do more damage than good, especially with someone
        > >young and impressionable like Mike. Shame on you.
        > >

        > >--- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony"
        > ><supertone4christ@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > hey dude, i know what you're talking about, i deal with the same
        > >thing you do, i've
        > > > been tempted with homosexuality since i was a kid, but you have to
        > >understand where
        > > > it's coming from before you can do something about it.
        > > >
        > > > homosexuality is a temptation that comes from Satan. temptation of
        > >course comes
        > > > from Satan, Satan has to come to God and ask permission to tempt us,
        > >we see an
        > > > example of this in the book of Job when Satan goes to God and talks
        > >to him about
        > > > Job. the awesome thing about this is that Satan can't do anything
        > >to us that God a)
        > > > doesn't know about and b) God hasn't given permission to do. God
        > >also tells us that
        > > > he won't allow Satan to tempt us beyond what we can stand (it's not
        > >in Job, i forget
        > > > where it's at in the Bible),
        > > >
        > > > so with this we know that temptation is temptation no matter what
        > >kind it is,
        > > > homosexuality is another temptation that we have to fight, ya it
        > >sucks big time, i can't
        > > > begin to tell you my struggles with it, but when i realized this,
        > >it's gotten better
        > > >
        > > > we have to fight it, we're not born this way, it's something Satan
        > >throws at us that we
        > > > have to protect ourselves from, and to try and do it alone is crazy,
        > >you need help of
        > > > people you know, and you need accountability.
        > > >
        > > > you're not sick, you're not messed up, you've been decieved by
        > >Satan, fight him man,
        > > > you're in my prayers
        > > >
        > > > -Tony

      • Frank Long
        Message 3 of 14 , May 23, 2006
          translating is not rewritting. and acording to the gays ever one in history
          is.

        • TERRANCE QUALLS
          Message 4 of 14 , May 23, 2006
            King James did neither write or re write.  He only sponsored the translating of the Bible into the English language (which in certain parts of Europe up to that point was a crime punishable by death).  Secondly, concerning King James being gay, anyone can make accusations concerning a person 400 years after the fact.  In law and in jurisprudence there must be a perponderence of evidence and/or credible wittnesses for an accusation to be counted as fact.

            <iamJavaJoe@...> wrote:

            > read your bible not the man's rewrite but the King James version.
            >

            > >From: "Patrick" <badpuppy3@...>
            > >To: Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: [Jesus-is-our-victory] Re: It fucking sucks!!!!!
            > >Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 23:07:30 -0000
            > >
            > >Being attracted to other men is not a temptation from Satan. It is how
            > >God made some of us, his children. We were all made in the image of
            > >God, and that includes all of us, and I challenge you to prove that
            > >"God himself is straight". Just like someone is tall or short, thin or
            > >fat, (Tony, fight the temptation - stop working at Krispy Kreme - see
            > >the analogy?), blond and blue-eyed, red-haired, brown-eyed, straight
            > >or GAY or any other point on a very diverse scale of humanity.
            > >Christians like you do more damage than good, especially with someone
            > >young and impressionable like Mike. Shame on you.
            > >

            > >--- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony"
            > ><supertone4christ@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > hey dude, i know what you're talking about, i deal with the same
            > >thing you do, i've
            > > > been tempted with homosexuality since i was a kid, but you have to
            > >understand where
            > > > it's coming from before you can do something about it.
            > > >
            > > > homosexuality is a temptation that comes from Satan.  temptation of
            > >course comes
            > > > from Satan, Satan has to come to God and ask permission to tempt us,
            > >we see an
            > > > example of this in the book of Job when Satan goes to God and talks
            > >to him about
            > > > Job.  the awesome thing about this is that Satan can't do anything
            > >to us that God a)
            > > > doesn't know about and b) God hasn't given permission to do.  God
            > >also tells us that
            > > > he won't allow Satan to tempt us beyond what we can stand (it's not
            > >in Job, i forget
            > > > where it's at in the Bible),
            > > >
            > > > so with this we know that temptation is temptation no matter what
            > >kind it is,
            > > > homosexuality is another temptation that we have to fight, ya it
            > >sucks big time, i can't
            > > > begin to tell you my struggles with it, but when i realized this,
            > >it's gotten better
            > > >
            > > > we have to fight it, we're not born this way, it's something Satan
            > >throws at us that we
            > > > have to protect ourselves from, and to try and do it alone is crazy,
            > >you need help of
            > > > people you know, and you need accountability.
            > > >
            > > > you're not sick, you're not messed up, you've been decieved by
            > >Satan, fight him man,
            > > > you're in my prayers
            > > >
            > > > -Tony

          • Dale Malhenzie
            Message 5 of 14 , May 24, 2006
              Things sure get twisted by guys that call them selves gay. I might have done things I wish I hadn't but I dont call myself gay. What a way to distort the real meaning of a word. Most of them dont want to call sin sin either. There is the verse in the Bible that says something about calling evil good and good evil. I guess we have really come a long way. Like the Evangelist said last nite we dont need a bridge to the future like HIllary said. We need a bridge to the past. A time when men (and) women got up early and read the Word and prayed and looked and acted like Godly people should.

              Frank Long <iamJavaJoe@...> wrote:
              translating is not rewritting. and acording to the gays ever one in history
              is.

              >From: "Patrick" <badpuppy3@...>
              >To: Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [Jesus-is-our-victory] Re: It fucking sucks!!!!!
              >Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 07:43:36 -0000
              >
              >King James himself rewrote the Bible in his time...and by the way, KJ
              >was gay as well.
              >

              >--- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Long"
              ><iamJavaJoe@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > read your bible not the man's rewrite but the King James version.
              > >

              > > >From: "Patrick" <badpuppy3@...>
              > > >To: Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com
              > > >Subject: [Jesus-is-our-victory] Re: It fucking sucks!!!!!
              > > >Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 23:07:30 -0000
              > > >
              > > >Being attracted to other men is not a temptation from Satan. It is how
              > > >God made some of us, his children. We were all made in the image of
              > > >God, and that includes all of us, and I challenge you to prove that
              > > >"God himself is straight". Just like someone is tall or short, thin or
              > > >fat, (Tony, fight the temptation - stop working at Krispy Kreme - see
              > > >the analogy?), blond and blue-eyed, red-haired, brown-eyed, straight
              > > >or GAY or any other point on a very diverse scale of humanity.
              > > >Christians like you do more damage than good, especially with someone
              > > >young and impressionable like Mike. Shame on you.
              > > >

              > > >--- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony"

              > > >thing you do, i've
              > > >understand where

              > > >course comes
              > > >we see an
              > > >to him about
              > > >to us that God a)
              > > >also tells us that
              > > >in Job, i forget

              > > >kind it is,
              > > >sucks big time, i can't
              > > >it's gotten better

              > > >throws at us that we
              > > >you need help of

              > > >Satan, fight him man,

              Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

            • Patrick
              Message 6 of 14 , May 28, 2006
                Although the title page of The King James Bible boasted that it was
                "newly translated out of the original tongues," the work was actually
                a revision of The Bishop's Bible of 1568, which was a revision of The
                Great Bible of 1539, which was itself based on three previous English
                translations from the early 1500s. So, the men who produced the King
                James Bible not only inherited some of the errors made by previous
                English translators, but invented some of their own.

                Desiderius Erasmus was a "Christian humanist" who collected Greek (and
                Latin) New Testament manuscripts and compared and edited them, verse
                by verse, selecting what he considered to be the best variant
                passages, until he had compiled what came to be known as the "textus
                receptus." Early English translations of the Bible, like those
                mentioned above, were based on his "textus receptus." Erasmus was also
                a monk whom some historians believe engaged in homosexual activities.

                But without both King James and Erasmus, the most widely touted Bible
                in Christian history would never have been produced, the KJV (or shall
                we say, Gay-JV?) Bible.
                - Skip Church

                King James & Letters of Homoerotic Desire

                The first edition of the English Bible commonly known as the "King
                James Version" was printed in 1611. King James VI & I of Great Britain
                had sponsored the project, and the translators appropriately dedicated
                the new Bible to him. At this point in his own personal life, King
                James had already been involved in a love affair with one man, the
                Duke of Lennox, which provoked a rebellion in Scotland; his current
                lover in England was a young man whose special relationship with the
                king would earn him the Earldom of Somerset. By 1615, however,
                Somerset's fortunes declined and James succeeded in luring his most
                famous lover, George Villiers, later Duke of Buckingham, into bed.
                What are we to make of these relationships between King James and his
                so-called "favorites?" Many earlier historians treated the subject
                with shock, disdain, and denial. Only recently has the subject been
                treated more seriously and fairly by scholars such as Caroline
                Bingham, Jonathan Goldberg, Roger Lockyer, and David Bergeron.

                How many folks know that King James (who commissioned the King James
                Bible and to whom it was dedicated) loved men and had sex with them?
                At the age of thirteen James fell madly in love with his male cousin
                Esme Stuart whom he made Duke of Lennox. James deferred to Esme to the
                consternation of his ministers. In 1582 James was kidnapped and forced
                to issue a proclamation against his lover and send him back to France.

                Later, James fell in love with a poor young Scotsman named Robert
                Carr. "The king leans on his [Carr's] arm, pinches his cheeks, smooths
                his ruffled garment, and when he looks upon Carr, directs his speech
                to others." (Thomas Howard, Earl of Suffolk, in a letter, 1611)

                Carr eventually ended the relationship after which the king expressed
                his dissatisfaction in a letter to Carr, "I leave out of this
                reckoning your long creeping back and withdrawing yourself from lying
                in my chamber, notwithstanding my many hundred times earnest
                soliciting you to the contrary...Remember that (since I am king) all
                your being, except your breathing and soul, is from me." (See The
                Letters of King James I & VI, ed., G. P. V. Akrigg, Univ. of Calif.
                Press, 1984. Also see Royal Family, Royal Lovers: King James of
                England and Scotland, David M. Bergeron, Univ. of Missouri Press, 1991)

                James's sexual orientation was so widely known that Sir Walter Raleigh
                joked about it in public saying "King Elizabeth" had been succeeded by
                "Queen James."
                - Catherine D. Bowen, The Lion and the Throne

                A physical weakling, as an adolescent James had shown himself to be a
                coward, who liked only to hunt, to read (which he did, prodigiously)
                and to talk. To protect himself he wore thick quilted doublets, so
                padded that they provided a kind of armor against any assassin who
                might attack him with a knife. When he revealed a sexual preference
                for men, falling in love with his cousin Esmé Stewart and elevating
                him to a position of authority on the royal council, some of his
                nobles kidnapped James and held him captive, banishing Stewart and
                controlling James's every move. After nearly a year James escaped, but
                continued to resent his jailers; after he began to rule on his own
                behalf, at seventeen, he made it a priority to bring the turbulent
                Scots nobles under control.

                As he aged James indulged his preference for handsome men, living
                apart from his wife. His doting fondness was part paternal, part
                erotic; he called his favorite George Villiers "sweet child and wife"
                and referred to himself as "your dear dad and husband." But to his
                courtiers, the sight of the aging, paunchy, balding monarch, who
                according to one court observer had a tendency to drool, leaning on
                his paramours was utterly repellant.

                The first of the king's minions was Robert Carr, Groom of the
                Bedchamber, who the king elevated to earl of Somerset and appointed
                Lord Chamberlain. After six years of favors and royal gifts Carr was
                brought low, accused of murder and sent away from court. The second
                and greatest royal favorite, the extraordinarily handsome George
                Villiers, rose from cupbearer to Gentleman of the Bedchamber and
                ultimately to Earl of Buckingham.

                "I love the Earl of Buckingham more than anyone else," James announced
                to his councilors, "and more than you who are here assembled." He
                compared his love for the earl to Jesus's affection for the "beloved
                disciple" John. "Jesus Christ did the same," the king said, "and
                therefore I cannot be blamed. Christ had his John, and I have my George."

                With such pronouncements King James seemed to reach a new level of
                outrage, especially when he compounded his offense, in the view of
                many, by heaping Buckingham with costly jewels, lands, and lucrative
                offices.

                -Royal Panoply, Brief Lives Of The English Monarchs
                Carrolly Erickson

                King James was gay
                http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=king+james+was+gay

                The advocates of KJVO believe that the King James Version is the only
                God-inspired translation of the Holy Bible.
                http://www.raptureready.com/rr-kjvo.html

                "Doing God's will" is a prodigious task and unmistakably a human
                enterprise. As a human enterprise, "doing God's will" is invariably
                subject to error because it is fraught with both humble intent and
                righteous indignation. Its anchor and its impetus are found in the
                human act of interpreting the Word of God.
                http://thewitness.org/agw/monroe.jan2001.html

                God's Secretaries: The Making of the King James Bible by Adam Nicolson
                http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=God%27s+Secretaries%3A+The+Making+of+the+King+James+Bible+by+Adam+Nicolson&btnG=Google+Search

                --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, TERRANCE QUALLS
                <prophettere@...> wrote:

                > King James did neither write or re write. He only sponsored the
                translating of the Bible into the English language (which in certain
                parts of Europe up to that point was a crime punishable by death).
                Secondly, concerning King James being gay, anyone can make accusations
                concerning a person 400 years after the fact. In law and in
                jurisprudence there must be a perponderence of evidence and/or
                credible wittnesses for an accusation to be counted as fact.

                > Patrick <badpuppy3@...> wrote: King James himself rewrote the
                Bible in his time...and by the way, KJ
                > was gay as well.
                >

                > --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Long"
                > <iamJavaJoe@> wrote:
                > >
                > > read your bible not the man's rewrite but the King James version.
                > >

                > > >From: "Patrick" <badpuppy3@>
                > > >To: Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com
                > > >Subject: [Jesus-is-our-victory] Re: It fucking sucks!!!!!
                > > >Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 23:07:30 -0000
                > > >
                > > >Being attracted to other men is not a temptation from Satan. It
                is how
                > > >God made some of us, his children. We were all made in the image of
                > > >God, and that includes all of us, and I challenge you to prove that
                > > >"God himself is straight". Just like someone is tall or short,
                thin or
                > > >fat, (Tony, fight the temptation - stop working at Krispy Kreme - see
                > > >the analogy?), blond and blue-eyed, red-haired, brown-eyed, straight
                > > >or GAY or any other point on a very diverse scale of humanity.
                > > >Christians like you do more damage than good, especially with someone
                > > >young and impressionable like Mike. Shame on you.
                > > >

                > > >--- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony"

                > > >thing you do, i've
                > > >understand where

                temptation of
                > > >course comes
                > > >we see an
                > > >to him about
                > > >to us that God a)
                > > >also tells us that
                > > >in Job, i forget

                > > >kind it is,
                > > >sucks big time, i can't
                > > >it's gotten better

                > > >throws at us that we
                > > >you need help of

                > > >Satan, fight him man,

                > Christian man Christianity Mere christianity

                Service.

                > ---------------------------------

              • Frank Long
                Message 7 of 14 , May 28, 2006
                  Patrick where did you study?

> [...]
                  >Secondly, concerning King James being gay, anyone can make accusations
                  >concerning a person 400 years after the fact. In law and in
                  >jurisprudence there must be a perponderence of evidence and/or
                  >credible wittnesses for an accusation to be counted as fact.
                  > >
                  > > Patrick <badpuppy3@...> wrote: King James himself rewrote the
                  >Bible in his time...and by the way, KJ
                  > > was gay as well.
                  > >

                  > > --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Long"
                  > > <iamJavaJoe@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > read your bible not the man's rewrite but the King James version.

                  >is how
                  >thin or

                  >temptation of
                  >tempt us,
                  >talks
                  >(it's not

                  >crazy,

                  > > Christian man Christianity Mere christianity

                • Patrick
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 28, 2006
                    Ah yes, the Godly people...

                    Like the ones in the Crusades and the Inquisition? Like the ones who
                    brought black slaves from Africa? Like the ones who massacred the
                    native peoples in America in the name of Christianity and Catholicism?
                    Like the ones who have conquered, subjegated and victimized almost
                    every person, people or country on the planet at one time or another
                    in history? Like the 'godly people' in the White House and the
                    religious reich 'evangelists' living in their mansions and driving
                    their expensive cars and prosyletizing for cash (their true god)?

                    And speaking of a 'bridge to the past', it IS possible for men to love
                    other men (as we once did - in the past) without buying into all the
                    depravity and decadence that pervades the gAy community nowadays.
                    There is a name for these men and it is not gAy...it's g0y. We set
                    ourselves aside from the

                    I'm not gAy, I'm g0y...g0ys don't buy into the whole offensive
                    present-day gAy culture, and we are also anti-anal sex...

                    http://www.g0ys.org/

                    My group:

                    [And by the way, g0y - (spelled g-zero-y), the zero meaning NO anal
                    sex - has NOTHING to do with the Jewish derogatory term goy or goyim,
                    so don't even go there. That's such a meritless and immature argument
                    against what we stand for. The similarity in words is just a coincidence.]

                    --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, Dale Malhenzie

                    Message 9 of 14 , May 28, 2006
                      so in you huminstic view God and his people are bad and any one that rejects
                      Gods word right

                    • Dale Malhenzie
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 30, 2006
                        Which Crusades are you speaking of? The ones when catholics purged the land of any one who stood in their way/ Or the one where the Araabs took Jerusalem. .  I wasn't thinking about the people I never met. I was thinking of friends that I used to have who have gone on to Heaven or that met in different places when I was in the army for 20 years. No I wasn't thinking of the Godly people in the White House but since you brought them up. Are they any worse than the "GODLY" people who were in the White House right before them? I think not and did we start this war that lots of people are against now? NO!! But somebody in a "Peaceful" religion did start it. I dont cling to any religion but I do have beliefs. So if we did nothing and let the terrorists have  free entrance everywhere what would happen then? We might not be able to have peace in a few year anyways we could just let them make it happen faster. I dont know if you have heard but there are some in Iraq that are in favor of us being there and some of them happen to be soldiers who are fighting. and there are some who are hearing about a savior that they would not have heard about if they didn't go there.