Re: masturbation...gay..wheres God?

  • madsgaqvq
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 17, 2006
      ---

      You need the word of God, and acountability parnter.

      In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Smith" <mws077@...> wrote:

      > --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "dmoney873" <dmoney873@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > OK...i need help...serious help. First...i am 17 and actively involved
      > in my youth group and
      > > give sermons at youth events and organize youth events, pray, worship
      > ect. but as soon as i
      > > get home and have some free time, i fall into masturbation to porn,
      > gay porn. I tried
      > > stopping but the urge is really strong. I figured there would be
      > someone who overcame
      > > both, and could give me some advice. I keep praying that i God could
      > help me change my
      > > ways but so far, i still repeatedly fall into this cycle. Someone
      > please help. Email me
      > > Dmoney873@

    • j renken
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 19, 2006
        this is from a 17 year old with similar circumstances

        "well first of all..i have my struggles too.....so i'm not sure if i really feel.....adaquate to talk about conquering your temptations when i struggle and fail also....

        but but encouraged that you arn't the only one goign threw it....i am too....and so are many other christian young men..

        you should realize that the temptaions are normal....the bible sais to "not think is strange when the fiery trials come to tempt you"....so it's normal....it's not like only you experience it...and it's cause you are a worse sinner than anyone else....Jesus was even tempted in all ways just as us humans...yet without sin...it is not a sin to have those temptations...i have temptaions alllllll the time....it beocmes a sin when you give in to that temptaions....which i know both you and i have a hard time with...i find it very encouraging to know that Jesus himself have temptaions like us...yet did not sin....he's like my role model...everytime i'm tempted i try to think of Jesus and how he resisted temptation and how threw his help i can too!!....it's not easy....it never is...and it never will be easy....it's not meant to be easy.......so don't get down and discouraged because you are tempted....instead think of that temptation as a door to have you become more like christ....because it's threw our temptations and trials that God draws us to himself...there will be times when we fail....and during those times we can grow in christ too....it's a daily struggle....take one step at a time....don't look at it as i need to TOTALLY get rid of my gayness....take EACH struggle EACH temptaion one at a time....each day at a time....every minue that you are home alone at a time....

        i hope that helps...it's helped me a lot... "

        hope this helps you and any others here