Re: masturbation...gay..wheres God?

  • johnnypnz
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 7, 2006
      Hey Dude,
      I 'll help, been there, dun that and am still with Jesus married
      and happy. You've got issues and I can help you with them.

      Write me Man of God,

      Johnny

      --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "dmoney873"
      <dmoney873@...> wrote:

      > OK...i need help...serious help. First...i am 17 and actively
      involved in my youth group and
      > give sermons at youth events and organize youth events, pray,
      worship ect. but as soon as i
      > get home and have some free time, i fall into masturbation to porn,
      gay porn. I tried
      > stopping but the urge is really strong. I figured there would be
      someone who overcame
      > both, and could give me some advice. I keep praying that i God
      could help me change my
      > ways but so far, i still repeatedly fall into this cycle. Someone
      please help. Email me
      > Dmoney873@...

    • Mark Smith
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 11, 2006

        Here is a link to an online course that could help you with this

        http://www.setingcaptivesfree.com/course/

        --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "dmoney873" <dmoney873@...> wrote:

        > OK...i need help...serious help. First...i am 17 and actively involved in my youth group and
        > give sermons at youth events and organize youth events, pray, worship ect. but as soon as i
        > get home and have some free time, i fall into masturbation to porn, gay porn. I tried
        > stopping but the urge is really strong. I figured there would be someone who overcame
        > both, and could give me some advice. I keep praying that i God could help me change my
        > ways but so far, i still repeatedly fall into this cycle. Someone please help. Email me
        > Dmoney873@...

      • Mark Smith
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 11, 2006
          wrote:

          > OK...i need help...serious help. First...i am 17 and actively involved
          in my youth group and
          > give sermons at youth events and organize youth events, pray, worship
          ect. but as soon as i
          > get home and have some free time, i fall into masturbation to porn,
          gay porn. I tried
          > stopping but the urge is really strong. I figured there would be
          someone who overcame
          > both, and could give me some advice. I keep praying that i God could
          help me change my
          > ways but so far, i still repeatedly fall into this cycle. Someone
          please help. Email me
          > Dmoney873@...

        • big_patsfan
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 24, 2006
            Hey,

            Stay encouraged brother. The cycle isn't easy to break, but it is
            certainly possible.

            Check out this link - there's some literature here you may find useful.
            http://www.rbc.org/questions/topics.php?catagory=struggle

            Peace,

            Dave
          • madsgaqvq
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 17, 2006
              ---

              You need the word of God, and acountability parnter.

              In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Smith" <mws077@...> wrote:

              > --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "dmoney873" <dmoney873@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > OK...i need help...serious help. First...i am 17 and actively involved
              > in my youth group and
              > > give sermons at youth events and organize youth events, pray, worship
              > ect. but as soon as i
              > > get home and have some free time, i fall into masturbation to porn,
              > gay porn. I tried
              > > stopping but the urge is really strong. I figured there would be
              > someone who overcame
              > > both, and could give me some advice. I keep praying that i God could
              > help me change my
              > > ways but so far, i still repeatedly fall into this cycle. Someone
              > please help. Email me
              > > Dmoney873@

            • j renken
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 19, 2006
                this is from a 17 year old with similar circumstances

                "well first of all..i have my struggles too.....so i'm not sure if i really feel.....adaquate to talk about conquering your temptations when i struggle and fail also....

                but but encouraged that you arn't the only one goign threw it....i am too....and so are many other christian young men..

                you should realize that the temptaions are normal....the bible sais to "not think is strange when the fiery trials come to tempt you"....so it's normal....it's not like only you experience it...and it's cause you are a worse sinner than anyone else....Jesus was even tempted in all ways just as us humans...yet without sin...it is not a sin to have those temptations...i have temptaions alllllll the time....it beocmes a sin when you give in to that temptaions....which i know both you and i have a hard time with...i find it very encouraging to know that Jesus himself have temptaions like us...yet did not sin....he's like my role model...everytime i'm tempted i try to think of Jesus and how he resisted temptation and how threw his help i can too!!....it's not easy....it never is...and it never will be easy....it's not meant to be easy.......so don't get down and discouraged because you are tempted....instead think of that temptation as a door to have you become more like christ....because it's threw our temptations and trials that God draws us to himself...there will be times when we fail....and during those times we can grow in christ too....it's a daily struggle....take one step at a time....don't look at it as i need to TOTALLY get rid of my gayness....take EACH struggle EACH temptaion one at a time....each day at a time....every minue that you are home alone at a time....

                i hope that helps...it's helped me a lot... "

                hope this helps you and any others here