getting rid of poles

  • ezyiftosev@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22, 2005
      In my reading of 2 Chron. chapters 18-20, I was struck my the endeavors of Asa and Yehoshafat to rid Yisrael of asherah poles. Asherah poles were basically phallic symbols (erect penises[masturbation/fornication/homosexuality/porn or what ever your battle is]) that the children of G-d, redeemed from Egypt  by the blood of the Pesach (Passover) lamb had begun to worship again. In chapter 18 Asa was in a chariot and the enemy attacks his chariot, his progress. He was in war going towards victory and we can expect the same attacks. He had the victory as we do. These people had seen the works of G-d in their own land yet they reverted to worshipping the asherah poles. However, the Eternal honored Asa  and Yehoshafat for their attempts to rid the land of these idols. How does that pertain to us? The Almighty WILL honor our attempts to rid our land (mind and emotions) of these idols. Israel didn't rid of the asherah poles from one day to the next;it was a process. We are also a work in progress and with the help of G-d, we get  rid of more aherah poles with each battle. THIS IS NOT AN EXCUSE TO SAY,"It's OK, I'm a work in progress so I'll______ one more time." The Holy One expects more of us.The people in 2 Chron didn't have the power of the indwelling power of the Spirit of G-d....We DO!!! They didn't have the developed promises of the WORD of G-D like we do. G-d gives us more strength each time we try overcome the flesh and the sin that so easily entangles us. They were told by G-d to see the victory over an army STRONGER THAN THEY that the Holy One had provided for them.We get stronger when we flex the muscle that He has given us. If you have given in, arise and be strong again and kick the enemy for you have the strength that HE has given you. "Behold, G-D is my salvation (Jesus in Hebrew). I will trust and not be afraid for the L-RD my G-d is my STRENGTH..." Is.12
    • Dale Malhenzie
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 14 5:55 AM
        Ezra, Are you doing okay?   The turned my work upside down doing construction and hiring a new business manager who is trying to reform me and the cathlab ordering system and billing. As usual they are making more work not less for me. I took the 21st off since I will be all of 51 on the 23rd. been getting lots of spam on this address, guess they like me. Dale

        ezyiftosev@... wrote:
[...]

        Christian manChristianityJust the way you are
        Christianity todayMere christianity