Re: [Jesus-is-our-victory] Hello

  • ezyiftosev@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 31, 2005
      Dear jaeymhz,
      Such wisdom beyond your years!!! Be assured that the Holy One will use your words,examples, and counsel to heal and restore others and in the process, heal yourself through His grace. Adonai Rofeh (the L-RD our Healer!)!! Keep it up. bro !
    • Matt White
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 3, 2005
        Hey man, you're safe here. And you are right, out of sight of mind is a great strategy. It keeps you focused and away from danger. For me, TV and friends have not become as much of a temptation as the internet remains to be, but if you feel better separating yourself from that temptation until you feel healed, then so be it. Everyone works and responds differently and God takes his time at with each of us at his own pace. We just have to trust Him to be our rock and shield when we are faced with these things that tempt us. You'll be ok, Homie:)

        Matt

        jaeymhz <jaeymhz@...> wrote:
        I have battled this sin for 5 years (I'm 20). Before I tried it, I
        was curious about it. I knew it was wrong but I was feeling bad
        because of a crush on a girl at church. and thats when I got tempted,
        and fell. I can still remember the shame I felt, the guilt. I
        remember crying, wrapped in a blanket in my room and just repeating
        in a whisper " I'm sorry, I'm sorry". I still say that when I do it
        these days, but God's helping me fight it. The fact that I'm even
        writing this is a good step. It's something I wouldn't have been able
        to do a couple of months ago. It's great to have a place to talk
        about these things, it's important.

        While writing is a good step there are other things I have found to
        be helpful battling this addiction.

        Don't watch T.V.! Every, yes every, sitcom I've seen(and Ive watched
        alot) has sexuality in it. There is something to the saying "out of
        sight, out of mind". If I dont see sexual things I dont think about
        it as often. so that's a major one for me.

        Find the negetive influences in your life.
        I found T.V. to be one. I play poker with a group of friends now and
        then, one friend in particular is Dave. He is in addiction. Video
        games and pot and sex and maybe other stuff I dont know about.
        Whenever I hang around him, it hurts. He wasn't like this before but
        he is now. That pain is one reason I masturbait. Just like it was an
        aching heart that drove me to m/b in the first place.I watched him
        slowly fall into the pit he's in. I watched him and did nothing. That
        is something that is negetively affecting my life all the time and
        especially when I hang out with him. So I need to confront it,
        confront Dave. Help him with his problems like I should of in the
        first place.
        So, unresolved conflicts in our lives is something we need to deal
        with. I've thought about it, why does anyone do this? or drugs or
        alcahol or whatever? I think we're just running from the hardships of
        life, looking for a easy way out. Thats what this is for me anyway.

        Uplifting activities:
        Things to do that are good. Exercising, singing, writing, drawing.
        These are good things to do. Makes me happier, so I dont need my vices
        (such as mbing) to make me happy, because Im already happy. (am I
        making sense? it's late)
        There are people that make me feel good about myself, so I try to
        hang out with them as much as I can.
        Listening to music is the most enjoyable thing I can do. I've learned
        to be careful not to listen to songs with sexuality in them. I make
        sure they are happy songs :) Songs that make me want to shout the
        words out and dance. Praise! thats what it is.
        Reading the Bible is very important, it very much helps us identify
        BS. So you dont get taken in by any falsehood including that voice in
        our heads that says its alright to m/b, that its not THAT bad. what
        BS! Knowing that makes one happy. Increases faith and trust in God.

        Im done writing for now. Look forward to hearing back from y'all.

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • indianpal1234
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 25, 2009
          Dear All,

          I am from India and I would like to connect with friends and fellow
          wanan be overcomers from across the world.

          Regards,

          Jai..
        • ticits350
          Message 4 of 9 , May 7, 2009
            I wanted to give a shout out to all of you. New member. My name is Scott and I live in the Dallas Tx area. I am 43. Enjoying my walk with Christ. He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world. God Bless all of you and feel free to communicate. Always interested in meeting like minded individuals.
          • rampratabq
            Message 5 of 9 , May 7, 2009
              I would assume there are Exodus or similar groups in the Dallas metro area? I only go to our local exgay group occasionally but I check in every once in a while.