The real unseen enemy

  • brother_buddy01
    Message 1 of 3 , May 20, 2005
      Boy the devil sure ain't gonna like this message! :-) I am almost
      sure that he will try to toss something my way real soon. Christ
      will protect me. If we rattle Satan's cage and make strides in
      Jesus Christ, the devil turns up the heat. I guess this is where
      the song entitled: "Onward Christian Soldier" came from! ;-)

      Last night I went to my counselor to talk about the struggles in my
      life. I often share with him about this Christian walk that I am
      on. He is very open and often told me that it is refreshing to hear
      the spiritual sharings that I bring up in therapy. I was thinking
      on how the unseen forces that lead man astray are never taken into
      account. The world does not believe in the devil at all, and yet
      the devil wreaks havoc on humanity and the world in general. Yes,
      man has free will to choose wrong or right but unless you have the
      Holy Spirit to guide you, it is so much easier to travel along the
      huge highway that the world in traveling on. As men who wrestle
      with our sex drive daily, we must also remember that we have an
      enemy that wants to tempt us and use our weakness against us. I
      often keep falling but God's grace is our covering. Jesus sees you
      as blameless and spotless because you have freely accepted Him as
      your payment for what you can never pay. It's funny and awesome to
      imagine, but you will always be forgiven in God's eyes because you
      have accepted the sacrifice of His Son. And although the devil may
      have frequent victories through our weakness, he can never separate
      you from your inheritance because of Christ final work. Scripture
      states that Satan walks about like a roaring lion seeking who he may
      devour. But for those in Christ, all Satan is, is a roaring lion
      with no teeth. He cannot harm God's children. Truly to us he is
      nothing but a big wind bang trying to stir false fear in our hearts
      by attempting to push his weight around in our lives. A spineless
      bully along with his demons who releys on deceit and the ignorance
      of unwilling victimized man. But there is no fear of him for those
      who belong to Christ. If you feel that there is a heaviness on your
      life. Tell Satan with authority in Jesus' name that he must go and
      he will go, he has to because when he sees you, he sees Jesus cause
      Jesus lives inside of you. Jesus is his true target and he wants to
      strategically discredit Jesus name and reputation. It's amazing how
      much stuff goes on behind the scenes. Scripture says: "Submit
      yourself to God, resist the devil and he will flee." There is real
      power in the name of Jesus Christ.

      I often think about Christ and when He said, "I saw Satan fall from
      the heavens to the earth like a great star falling from the sky."
      That must have been some war in heaven. And to think that the earth
      must have taken a real wallop when Satan and the fallen angels hit
      the earth with such magnitude. Sometimes I wonder if the falling of
      Satan hitting the earth was what the scientists are trying to figure
      out, the theory is that a great comet hit the earth and destroyed
      the dinosaurs. Sounds very logical, but I wonder if the comet they
      are referring to was really Satan's' fall. Just a thought, kind of
      interesting, but well know the whole truth when we see God I guess.
      I don't want to get caught up is endless speculation.

      Remember that your true enemy is Satan and the fallen angels. These
      invisible parasites have been responsible for so much of mankind's
      misery and of the world itself through the ages and now in this
      present time. "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, (man)
      but rather the wrestling we partake in is from principalities and
      wicked forces upon the earth and in the atmosphere all around us."
      Remember that the devil masquerades as an angel of light. What
      better disguise is there than that! He is cleaver, deceitful,
      tricky and knows all about you and I. He has been observing you and
      I our whole lives and finding out what makes us tick. Our strengths
      and weaknesses we have and to always try to tempt us in these areas
      to keep us depressed and sunk way below our true potential in
      Christ. But to balance it out, remember that greater is Christ who
      lives inside of you than he (Satan) that is in this world.

      If God is for us, who can be against us? No power on earth can
      separate us from the love of God. Remember to take your portion of
      grace today and let Christ's free gift continue to do its healing
      work in each of you, myself included. Our sex drives can be slowly
      transformed and restored to a place of peaceful contentment by
      dwelling on the beauty of the Lord and through God's grace and
      tender mercies supplied each and every day. You don't have to wait
      till tomorrow to start out fresh. Remember that each moment is a
      chance for a new beginning, a fresh start. Remember that God is
      perfected in our weakness. When we are weak, that is the greatest
      time to see how God can move so strongly in our lives. Because we
      give up at that moment and stay resting on Him in child like trust
      and not through or own strength and will power, lest we boast and
      get prideful. God resists the proud and draws close to the humble.
      Jesus is the lifter of our heads. So don't be ashamed of yourself.
      Never. You are a child of the King!

      Peace,

      John
    • nathan savage

[...]