Wrong advice

  • J.P.
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 28 8:25 PM
      just because someone trys to spend as much time with someone of the
      opposite sex does not mean he/she will lose their attraction or urges to
      be with someone of the same sex. I do not beleive that anyone can be
      changed from being gay. Those who do say they changed where never
      completely gay, they where bi-sexual and made a decision to commit to one
      of the other.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Jimmy Jones

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 29 8:15 AM
          First let me say that I admire those who have "faith". But I do not
          beleive a person can be changed from being gay to straight. It just can
          not happen. No matter how much you pray for it or about it it will not
          happen. I recently met a young guy (26) He was gay. but he was afraid to
          admit it because a church that he was a member of who excumincate him and
          make him stand up in front of the Congregation and beg for "their"
          forgiveness. I think this is absolutly wrong. He was putting so much
          pressure on himself to live up the standards of other people. He was
          missing out on a Wonderful life that "GOD" has given him. But he was just
          gonna go fishing and hunting and pray every night and hid his life from
          the world. Those who claim that they changed have not really or they were
          never gay to begin with. I feel sorry for some many people who think that
          they can not live their live because of the shame of being gay.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • James H.
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 29 8:35 AM
            I agree! People should feel free to live their life
            and love whom they choose. The church should not make
            anyone feel left out of afraid just because they are
            different. I believe that as long as it is love the
            Lord will not mind, He knows there is enough hate in
            this world. I hope that 26 yr old will realize that
            happiness and a wonderful life is what God has given
            him and that he will grab ahold of it with both hands
            and be happy.

            --- "J.P." <imacxboy@...> wrote:
            > First let me say that I admire those who have
            > "faith". But I do not
            > beleive a person can be changed from being gay to
            > straight. It just can
            > not happen. No matter how much you pray for it or
            > about it it will not
            > happen. I recently met a young guy (26) He was gay.
            > but he was afraid to
            > admit it because a church that he was a member of
            > who excumincate him and
            > make him stand up in front of the Congregation and
            > beg for "their"
            > forgiveness. I think this is absolutly wrong. He was
            > putting so much
            > pressure on himself to live up the standards of
            > other people. He was
            > missing out on a Wonderful life that "GOD" has given
            > him. But he was just
            > gonna go fishing and hunting and pray every night
            > and hid his life from
            > the world. Those who claim that they changed have
            > not really or they were
            > never gay to begin with. I feel sorry for some many
            > people who think that
            > they can not live their live because of the shame of
            > being gay.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Jimmy Jones
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 29 10:47 AM
              Well it is not ours to judge what is "right or wrong".  The only thing we can do is try and live our lives by the word of God.  Homosexuality is not one of the commandments, but the Lord did burn and entire city because of it.  Also, if a Church excommunicates you before they try to help you with what ever problem you may have, then they aren't the right place to be anyhow.  Good luck to the guy who is struggling.  I believe he is doing the right thing.

              http://mail.yahoo.com