Hi

  • tobymartinez16
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
      Hi. I recently got saved and want to try to stop doing it, but i
      can't seem to help it. I would like for someone to talk to me about
      it. It is difficult when i have friends who do it in front of me and
      my brother does it at nite. i am also into soccer and guys mess
      around all the time. I try to keep my mind off of it, but we have a
      satellite dish and we get porn on it..plus it is all over the
      internet
      plus sometimes when i think about girls i know it is more than i can
      seem to control. i pray the Lord will help me overcome this bad thing.

      Thanks, toby
    • Jimmy Jones
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 12, 2005
        Amen brother.  Me too.

        tobymartinez16 <tobymartinez16@...> wrote:

        Hi.  I recently got saved and want to try to stop doing it, but i
        can't seem to help it.  I would like for someone to talk to me about
        it.  It is difficult when i have friends who do it in front of me and
        my brother does it at nite. i am also into soccer  and guys mess
        around all the time.  I try to keep my mind off of it, but we have a
        satellite dish and we get porn on it..plus it is all over the
        internet
        plus sometimes when i think about girls i know it is more than i can
        seem to control. i pray the Lord will help me overcome this bad thing.

        Thanks, toby

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • nathan savage

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 17, 2005
            great advice from nathan........and what sucks even
            worse is that satan is so good at getting us at our
            weak spots. he's been doing this for thousand years.
            he knows how to break us down.

            but there is a really awesome thing about all of
            this......and that is God. he is so freaking awesome,
            he can take our mistakes and weaknesses into weapons
            against satan.

            he took my SSA addiction to call me into ministry
            being a Biblical Counselor and helping guys with
            sexual addictions. i'm still only a junior in college
            working on my B.S. in Psychology and minor in
            counseling, but God has a lot in store for me all
            because satan decided to mess with me.

            good look bud, may God bless you on your journey to
            come closer to him.

            -Tone

            --- nathan savage <nds628@...> wrote:

            > hello toby, my hame is nathan and im 26yo first i
            > would like to tell you that God is faithful and he
            > is LOVE , ok first ? are you i a church 2ND find
            > you a accountable person maybe someone older next
            > you must must must spen time in the word everyday
            > this will be a long process but dont get down just
            > keep at it plus you will have to distance yourself
            > from this guys it will be hard at first Gal 5:16-20
            > . but keep at it try reading a chapter of prov. a
            > day it will talk 31 days and continue to do it this
            > is no quick fix , you will have days that you will
            > fall but help is here if you confess and repent
            > 1John 1:5-9 , you must cut down tv time mostly at
            > night and when no one is at home i dont know if the
            > disd plays al day but set some boundaries know it
            > will help you build a strong foundation. this is no
            > easy road and im praying everyday but victory is the
            > LORDs and we must walk in it also by his power just
            > remember that the cleansing hurts but it is for your
            > Good the word is all we have
            > read it with all you god like this was the last
            > time you would see it you may have to be alone for
            > awhile but surround yourself around bro. in CHRIST
            > real bro. not just someone who go to church there
            > plenty of those rem God LOVe you what ever you do he
            > does not love the sin remember the Ap. Paul said in
            > 1cor. i think 6 chap. everthing in permissible but
            > everything is not benifit to you so be watchful and
            > saty in your Word bro. God bless you back everthing
            > up that someone says to you with the word no matter
            > have much you like them or how good it sounds talk
            > to you later
            > Jimmy Jones <oldbraceface2000@...> wrote:Amen
            > brother. Me too.
            >
            > tobymartinez16 <tobymartinez16@...> wrote:
            > Hi. I recently got saved and want to try to stop
            > doing it, but i
            > can't seem to help it. I would like for someone to
            > talk to me about
            > it. It is difficult when i have friends who do it
            > in front of me and
            > my brother does it at nite. i am also into soccer
            > and guys mess
            > around all the time. I try to keep my mind off of
            > it, but we have a
            > satellite dish and we get porn on it..plus it is all
            > over the
            > internet
            > plus sometimes when i think about girls i know it is
            > more than i can
            > seem to control. i pray the Lord will help me
            > overcome this bad thing.
            >
            > Thanks, toby

            > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
            > Children InternationalWould you give Hope to a Child
            > in need? �Click Here to meet a Girl
            > And Give Her Hope�Click Here to meet a Boy
            > And Change His Life Learn More

            > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

            http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide
          • Jimmy Jones
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 18, 2005
              I think i have left the group but sure do enjoy getting this uplifting messages.  Just one question, what is SSA?

              --- nathan savage wrote:

              > hello toby, my hame is nathan and im 26yo first i
              > would like to tell you that God is faithful and he
              > is LOVE , ok first ? are you i a church 2ND find
              > you a accountable person maybe someone older next
              > you must must must spen time in the word everyday
              > this will be a long process but dont get down just
              > keep at it plus you will have to distance yourself
              > from this guys it will be hard at first Gal 5:16-20
              > . but keep at it try reading a chapter of prov. a
              > day it will talk 31 days and continue to do it this
              > is no quick fix , you will have days that you will
              > fall but help is here if you confess and repent
              > 1John 1:5-9 , you must cut down tv time mostly at
              > night and when no one is at home i dont know if the
              > disd plays al day but set some boundaries know it
              > will help you build a strong foundation. this is no
              > easy road and im praying everyday but victory is the
              > LORDs and we must walk in it also by his power just
              > remember that the cleansing hurts but it is for your
              > Good the word is all we have
              > read it with all you god like this was the last
              > time you would see it you may have to be alone for
              > awhile but surround yourself around bro. in CHRIST
              > real bro. not just someone who go to church there
              > plenty of those rem God LOVe you what ever you do he
              > does not love the sin remember the Ap. Paul said in
              > 1cor. i think 6 chap. everthing in permissible but
              > everything is not benifit to you so be watchful and
              > saty in your Word bro. God bless you back everthing
              > up that someone says to you with the word no matter
              > have much you like them or how good it sounds talk
              > to you later
              > Jimmy Jones wrote:Amen
              > brother. Me too.
              >
              > tobymartinez16 wrote:
              > Hi. I recently got saved and want to try to stop
              > doing it, but i
              > can't seem to help it. I would like for someone to
              > talk to me about
              > it. It is difficult when i have friends who do it
              > in front of me and
              > my brother does it at nite. i am also into soccer
              > and guys mess
              > around all the time. I try to keep my mind off of
              > it, but we have a
              > satellite dish and we get porn on it..plus it is all
              > over the
              > internet
              > plus sometimes when i think about girls i know it is
              > more than i can
              > seem to control. i pray the Lord will help me
              > overcome this bad thing.
              >
              > Thanks, toby

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
              > Children InternationalWould you give Hope to a Child
              > in need? �Click Here to meet a Girl
              > And Give Her Hope�Click Here to meet a Boy
              > And Change His Life Learn More

              > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

              http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide

              Would you Help a Child in need?
              It is easier than you think.
              Click Here to meet a Child you can help.
              http://us.click.yahoo.com/0Z9NuA/I_qJAA/i1hLAA/7_VolB/TM

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • Chas McKillop Keeys
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 18, 2005
                SSA = Same Sex Attraction.

                --- In jacking_it@yahoogroups.com, Jimmy Jones <oldbraceface2000@y...>
                wrote:
                > I think i have left the group but sure do enjoy getting this
                uplifting messages. Just one question, what is SSA?

              • Matt
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 25, 2005
                  Hey Toby! I'd first like to say "Go You!!" for excepting Christ into
                  your heart and confirming Him as your Savior. But you know, with that
                  confirmation of Jesus, Satan's just angry now:P So of course he's
                  gonna throw all sorts of temptation at you! Horny guys everywere, free
                  porn on TV, your family jerking off around you, etc. But its ok,
                  because God wouldn't let you face that unless He knew you could handle
                  it. And that has to be your encouragement to overcome- knowing that
                  you're stronger that, and with God by your side, you can beat anything
                  (excuse the pun:P). I'm 18 and I've been masturbating for years and
                  I'm recently understanding that staying up late every night surfing
                  for porn is not what God wants for me. Its just something else I have
                  to fight, but I know that with God, I can do it. I'm also learning
                  that its a personal struggle; sometimes God will cut the desire out of
                  your heart immediately, and sometimes he wants you to grow and learn
                  from yourself and it will take some time. Its like smokers and
                  alcohalics- if its something you want to stop, you can't always stop
                  cold turkey, but you may just simply have to separate yourself from
                  things relating to it. You'll be ok, man, you did the right thing and
                  asked for help and that takes balls to admit. If you need to talk,
                  just hit me up, ok?? Cause I need all the help and counseling I can
                  get, too:P Later guys

                  Matt

                  --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "tobymartinez16"
                  <tobymartinez16@y...> wrote:

                  > Hi. I recently got saved and want to try to stop doing it, but i
                  > can't seem to help it. I would like for someone to talk to me about
                  > it. It is difficult when i have friends who do it in front of me
                  and
                  > my brother does it at nite. i am also into soccer and guys mess
                  > around all the time. I try to keep my mind off of it, but we have a
                  > satellite dish and we get porn on it..plus it is all over the
                  > internet
                  > plus sometimes when i think about girls i know it is more than i can
                  > seem to control. i pray the Lord will help me overcome this bad
                  thing.

                  > Thanks, toby
                • son_of_christ111
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 6, 2010
                    Hey guys
                    i am new to this,
                    30 yo from UK,

                    would like to connect with godly men
                    please feel free to email

                    cheers
                  • jay orknay
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 7, 2010
                      email me.  i am in uk as well
                      andrew

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 10, 2010
                        you can e-mail me here or at work jrenken@...
                        would like to hear from you
                        only here a couple times a month

                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 5, 2010
                          Hi Ray Congratulatins on your rededication of your life. It is wonderful you want to give masturbation and homosexuality. That is fantastic news
                          What you said about your friend disturbes mes. He said that masturbation is ok. I disagree with that as it can become addictive and I speak from bitter experience. He invited you to pflag meeting. I would be very wary and careful about going considering what he said about masturbation. You yourself said the comment floored you. I would take steps to distance myself. God loves you, He is so close to you and you ar precious to Him. Run to Him for protection under His wings. Psalm 91 and also read Psalm 139. The latter psalm is superb in imparting Gods love and knowledge and care of us
                          blessings and Gods love protection and strength
                          your brother
                          andrew
                        • The Boy
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 5, 2010