Sexual Brokenness: A Survivable Struggle

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2011

      Sexual Brokenness: A Survivable Struggle

      Good Guys,

      It took me a long time to admit I was "sexually-broken." I knew from an early age that engaging in sexual activity with a person of the same sex was wrong. I knew it instinctively, but I also knew it spiritually. God's Word was clear on the issue. Still, it seemed impossible to resist and yielding to it cost me greatly. Only by accepting the fact that I was "broken," could I accept my need for repair, through a desire for holiness.

      My issue was homosexuality, but many Christians struggle with other forms of sexual brokenness: pornography addiction, lust, adultery, idolatry. What was meant for good – our sexuality – has been corrupted in many ways. Still, those of us who know Christ will always hope to replace our brokenness with wholeness though holiness. It is a survivable struggle.

      Let's help the broken seek wholeness.  This is a struggle that can be overcome.

      I hope you will read and share my post with anyone needing encouragement. If you think you don't know someone who is dealing with a sexual issue, you must be living on your own island somewhere. At least you have Internet access.

      You can read the post at http://www.signsofastruggleblog.com/2011/03/sexual-brokenness-survivable-struggle.html

      If you want, please leave a comment at the blog site. Your feedback is always helpful to me and the blog readers.

      God Bless,

      Thom --

      http://www.thomhunter.com