Are You Hiding in Your Furnace?

  • ThomH
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2010

      Happy Tuesday!  I pray that you have felt the closeness of God today and His great concern and love for you and desire to set you free. I was thinking about that today as I wrote the blog post:  Are You Hiding in Your Furnace?   I'd be interested in your reaction.  Here's a paragraph from the post:

      "I think sometimes strugglers can become so accustomed to the heat that they cannot feel the nice cool breeze of change when it comes. We make pillows from the ashes of defeat and rest our heads and close our eyes and fake a cheaper peace. "I am okay with who I am. God made me this way." And the breeze -- instead of ushering in hope -- begins to suck the life out of us. We wanted a hurricane, powerful enough to collapse all the places we had built inside in which we hide. We wanted a mighty wave to sweep the landscape clean from shore to shore, but instead, we're stuck with the broken stubbles that cling to the barren ground and make us look . . . so broken."