Drop the Cymbal Before the World Goes Deaf

  • ThomH
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2010

      This week, after watching an interview between Puerto Rican singer Ricky Martin and Oprah Winfrey regarding his decision to come out as a gay man, I began to wonder about the impact such decisions have on people who struggle with same-sex attraction.  So, that's the focus of this week's post, called Drop the Cymbal Before the World Goes Deaf.

      I hope you'll read it and let me know what you think.  Here's a paragraph from this week's post.

      Unfortunately, we often don't know religious from righteous, Christianity from churchianity; hope from a hole-in-the-ground, mercy from meanness, forgiveness from forget it, love from leave.  We teach restoration, redemption and rescue. And then we run from the reaching. Cue Oprah.