Re: [Jesus-is-our-victory] New LGBT Christian Concert Ministry Seeking Support

  • NewKnightRider
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2010
      I am offended that as a Christian, I am grouped with people who appear to be members of Fred Phelp's group.  (I won't even call them a church.)  The verses interspersed with clips of this group, protesting in San Francisco, tell the truth:  "The one who hates his brother abides in death."  The Bible says that the one that hates his brother, yet claims to love God, is deceiving himself.

      In the group of people who are in support of gay marriage - homosexuals and lesbians and those who love them and stand with them - there were at least 2 men dressed in nuns' habits.  On another site, I saw men similarly dressed.  These men on the clip may not be with that group, who called themselves The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.   Why is it okay for them to mock the Catholic Church?

      We're all sinners.  We all fall short of the glory of God.  All of us have sinned in many different ways.  We've all broken the first commandment: Thou shalt have no other gods before Me.  All of us have ignored God and sought out other things as more important. That's putting "other gods" before The One True God.  But God has an abundance of love, grace, mercy and forgiveness!  God wants to have a relationship with us!  But there's only one way that can happen, because of man's propensity to brag about himself.

      As a man who has had homosexual sexual encounters, who has been delivered, I say that we need to trust God, and follow His Word, about homosexuality.

      jeffnkr

      New LGBT Christian Concert Ministry Seeking Support

      Hello,

      We, the MERE Project Charitable Trust, are sponsoring a LGBT Christian concert ministry aimed at bring all members of the Body of Christ together in harmony through music, with the principal focus being the advancement of Love and the declination of hate toward LGBT persons by the Christian Right. http://www.indiegogo.com/lgbt-christianmusicministry We LGBT Christians cannot win over our brethren who hate us by trying to out shout them at rallies or by amping up our queer pride despite them; the only way to win them over is to love them. The ministry is organized to eliminate Christian hate of LGBT person by creating and performing music that brings a very wide cross section of the Body together, by being willing to be a scapegoat, a target for such hate and consistently countering that with Love, in its message and in its behavior. We are raising funds to sponsor the bands first year of rehearsal and the purchase of some fundamental gear. To that end, we are seeking $23K; even a $1 contribution makes a difference - if you will share this link with three people who are supportive of this intention, we may eventually receive 23,000 $1 contributions to enable this ministry to take root and flourish. Please join us in realizing this channel of Love.

      Sincerely,

      The Trustees
      http://www.themereproject.org
      http://www.indiegogo.com/lgbt-christianmusicministry