The Vapor of Vanishing Innocence

  • ThomH
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2010
      Good Guys,

      This week, in chapter four of "The Weight of Who I Am,"  I focused on the loss of innocence that comes as a result of pedophilia, which has damaged many young lives, including my own.  As you probably know, I'm writing the book on-line.  If you'd like to read Chapter Four -- The Vapor of Vanishing Innocence -- I posted it this afternoon at http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/  You'll also find links there to the first three chapters if you'd like to catch up.

      Here's a graph from "The Vapor of Vanishing Innocence:

      When innocence is ravaged, it provides an opening for a rampage of rampant emotions. In my not-neededness -- now the victim of a remorseless pedophile -- I flailed about in anger, self-belittling wonder, embarrassed by my worthlessness, shamed by a longing to be wanted again, carrying an unfamiliar pain in the pit of my stomach, an odd aching in my chest, an awareness of unwelcome change. I busied myself with building walls; I would not allow myself to feel this pain again. I would . . . be good.

    • ThomH
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2010
        Good Guys,