707Re: [Jesus-is-our-victory] Re: New member

  • pparm16424@aol.com
    May 5 9:02 AM
      Thanks Mike for the heads-up. I really don't like the "ex-gay" label, myself, as it seems rather deceitful or at least inaccurate. But I realize anyone trying to move towards being straight functioning enough for marriage would have about no chance of finding a mate with the ominous label of "gay". And I don't have a replacement idea. so....

      Phil

      In a message dated 5/5/2009 7:23:02 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, rampratabq@... writes:

      Politics is a toucht matter with the exgay movement. Many view the exgay movement as nothing more than an anti-gay rights tool of the religious right without a sincere desire to help homosexuals in their struggles. One group that may meet the needs you are looking for is the Gay Christian Network, they have both gay and celibate gay members...although I think they would be uncomfortable with the term "exgay."

      Mike