706Re: New member

  • rampratabq
    May 4, 2009
      Politics is a toucht matter with the exgay movement. Many view the exgay movement as nothing more than an anti-gay rights tool of the religious right without a sincere desire to help homosexuals in their struggles. One group that may meet the needs you are looking for is the Gay Christian Network, they have both gay and celibate gay members...although I think they would be uncomfortable with the term "exgay."

      Mike

      --- In Jesus-is-our-victory@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Parmelee" <pparm16424@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone!
      >
      > I was scanning Yahoo groups to see if there were any more groups for gays which was not adhering the "updated" version of God's word on the subject. I am a bisexual pastor, married (37 years), have been through an Exodus related program, and belong to GLOWFriends, another Christian Yahoo group.
      >
      > What I am researching now is this: I believe there needs to be a voice heard in the political arena that we as gays (be it ex-gay) exist that are not militant and warped concerning God's commandments. All the world knows, (and many Christians, for that matter)are that gays are all of one voice, that being that God made them that way, and that God wants them to indulge their inclinations. Without that alternate voice, no one will think twice about extending gays everything they demand, much to the demise of our freedoms as Christians, and our morals as a nation.
      >
      > Anyway, that's where I am at, looking to see how many others have that same stance. I would think that this group would be quite full of such persons. Jesus truly is our victory, and His Word is everlasting.
      >
      > Pastor Phil Parmelee
      > Covenant Life Worship Center
      > Haslett, Mi.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic