476advice please

  • ezyiftosev@aol.com
    Apr 6, 2006
      Recently, a Jewish believer has asked me to have lunch with him. He says that I counseled him years ago but I don't remember it; it was probably about following  Y'shua (Jesus). I was a pastor and my 'sixth sense'/ gift of knowledge tells me that it is about SSA. He had come to our congregation years ago,left and has returned. My dilemma is that he is a buff, hottie,  younger hunk and a 'voice' is telling me that I shouldn't do it---counsel him. I, and others, have had the ignominy and opprobrium of being labeled with the gay stigmata, the badge of dishonor churches/congregations force ex-gays to wear. I don't him labeled like this as his walk is just being renewed ... I don't want to take the risk of showing up with a 'hetero'  and he sought me out. My congregation is very homophobic and likes the 'lashon      ha-ra'----gossip.   I woke up from a nightmare (not about the situation, though) and the 'voice' is telling me that I'll cruise him and not to counsel him. There are  very few Jewish believers in my congregation, fewer from Mediterranean-Spanish Jewish backgrounds (Sephardic), fewer with my years in the ministry and none with SSA. Any advice would be appreciated.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic