Re: [JerichoCBS] File - New Member Outline

  • Weston
    Message 1 of 107 , Jun 1, 2009

      If you want to know anything about Amateur Radio (Ham Radio), Just ask me either on or off list...

      From: JerichoCBS@yahoogro ups.com <JerichoCBS@yahoogro ups.com>
      Subject: [JerichoCBS] File - New Member Outline
      To: JerichoCBS@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Sunday, May 31, 2009, 9:46 AM

      Welcome New Members of JerichoCBS on Yahoo Groups.

      Your moderators: Rick Rourke, Ken Brown, and Deborah in the UP

      This group is primarily to discuss the show, but I realize there is going to be a lot of real world interest also, and we'll discuss that.

      For those completely NEW to survivalism, here is a  basic outline I did in 2004 which merely expanding the old: Food, Shelter, Clothing necessities of life. I hope it is logical to follow, and the idea is to be complete, so that you think through as many elements of your survival as possible.  Some of you may note that guns are #6, way down the list under defense, and that guns are merely a tool of defense.

      Survivalretreat Basic Outline:

      1  AIR
      Mobile (gas masks – and the tough part is knowing when you need it)
      Retreat system (HEPA, bio, chemical, UV, positive pressure
      directional flow)
      2  WATER
      Water purification, mobile and fixed, ceramic filters, reverse osms.
      Well or water storage system (treatments)
      Sanitary System
      3  FOOD
      Storage (best types to buy, best system to store your own)
      Production (seeds, livestock, square foot gardening to small
      scale farming)
      4  SHELTER
      Location (where to be given where your life is)
      Design (meeting the most likely threats in your area,
      concrete usually best choice)
      Energy (storage, generation of electricity mainly, AC and DC)
      Heat (heating while being able to maintain your air tight
      system)
      5  CLOTHING
      Specialty Clothing, boots – besides your military surplus and
      hunting gear, what else is there, and what truly works best
      6  DEFENSE
      Security – surveillance systems, perimeter defenses, CO,
      fire, alarm systems, firearms, other weapons
      7  MEDICAL
      Medical cabinet and supplies you should have, first aid kit,
      drugs, etc.
      Health – besides food, what else can you do for preventive
      medicine, herbs, etc.
      8  COMMUNICATION
      Ham radio, short wave, CB, satellite, internet, telephone,
      all band radio, TV, scanners
      9  TRANSPORTATION
      10 TOOLS
      Tool chest – do you have everything you need to fix
      everything you have?
      11 SURVIVAL SKILLS
      Survival skills are somewhat unique, hence to have a library
      or resource center for information would be a good idea. This
      also includes various domestic
      skills like sewing, etc. There is also the survival mindset.

      -Deborah in the UP, Rick R, Ken Brown

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: