Re: [Jediism] hello there! newbie here...

  • patric vick
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2004
      hello there.

      i too am a newbie to the whole jediism
      thing. i stumbled upon completely by accident one day
      while i was randomly wandering the interweb. i liked
      it because i already considered my self a jedi. i
      believe in the force. not necessarily magic powers
      like telekinesis or anything. basically. i believe
      that the force is god. more specifically that there is
      no "supreme being" but that there is energy connecting
      any and all things together(the force) this means that
      i am you and you are me and that love is just the
      understanding that we are one ( you don't have to like
      someone to love them, in fact i can honestly say that
      there are a few people that i love/hate at the same
      time.) basically it is more of a change in perception
      than an actuall religion. i must admit i am a little
      nervous seeing all these 'jedi' trying to start a
      religion. in my experience this is what the force is (
      sorry no magic powers) another way to gain a little
      more insight about the force( aside from
      introspection,which was my route) is to study about
      some of the other religions that have an entity close
      to the force

      see also: japan,Shinto;Chi
      see also: india, hindu;Prana
      well i hope this helps, i basically just try to
      meditate on the whole subject and i find my answers
      that way.
      MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail