date field from database

  • Marcello Miorelli
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2004
      Hi all,

      How can I show the date field I get from database
      formated in the page?

      I have a table mytable with myfield : date.

      If I select mytable how can I show myfield in a
      formated form like "dd/mm/yyy"?

      Is it possible?

      Thanks in advance.

      Marcello Miorelli

      =====

    • Marcello Miorelli
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2004
        Here it is what I was intending to do.
        Now this works very well.

        thread_object = new Object ();
        temp_counter = 0;

        while (! (rs.EOF)){

        thread_object[temp_counter] = new Object ();
        thread_object[temp_counter].uid =
        parseInt(rs.fields.item("id"))
        thread_object[temp_counter].name =
        String(rs.fields.item("name"))
        thread_object[temp_counter].owner =
        String(rs.fields.item("owner") + " " +
        rs.fields.item("surname"))

        var today = new Date(
        String(rs.fields.item("dob")) )
        var year=today.getYear()

        if (year < 1000)
        year+=1900

        var day=today.getDay()
        var month=today.getMonth()
        var daym=today.getDate()

        if (daym<10)
        daym="0"+daym

        var dayarray=new
        Array("Domenica","Lunedì","Martedì","Mercoledì","Giovedì","Venerdì","Sabato")
        var montharray=new
        Array("Gennaio","Febbraio","Marzo","Aprile","Maggio","Giugno","Luglio","Agosto","Settembre","Ottobre","Novembre","Dicembre")

        thread_object[temp_counter].dt =
        dayarray[day]+" "+daym+" "+montharray[month]+" "+year;

        rs.move(1);
        thread_object.qty = (temp_counter + 1);
        temp_counter ++;

        ---------------------------------

        Hi all,

        How can I show the date field I get from database
        formated in the page?

        I have a table mytable with myfield : date.

        If I select mytable how can I show myfield in a
        formated form like "dd/mm/yyy"?

        Is it possible?

        Thanks in advance.

        Marcello Miorelli

        =====

      • Ashish Taneja (E-mail 2)
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
          Hi All,

          How to close the window or redirect the user after a specified time and
          display the same decreasing time on the web page or modal window.

          Please help.

          Thanks in advance!!

          Ashish

          Disclaimer: