Re: [JavaScript] Re: history object

  • ~rohit~
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2004
      Hi ,

      I am new to this field..if its not too much trouble then can u please elaborate on how to use this replace object and where in code should i place it and how to call it..thanks

      Rohit.

      Jon Stephens <jon@...> wrote:
      I think this is what you're looking for:

      self.location.replace("newpage.html");

      > Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 16:17:54 -0000
      > From: "Echo" <yahoo@...>
      > Subject: history object
      >
      > help! some months ago i asked if there was a way to clear the history
      > object, and someone told me a way to errase the last object or
      > rather, to replace the url of the last item...
      >
      > i can't find that message, and i have lost the test files i used to
      > play with it - it didn't do what i needed at the time so i didn't
      > take as good care of it as i should - now i need it!!!
      >
      > anyone know what it was?
      >
      > -Echo

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Image by FlamingText.com

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2004
        Depends on how you want to use it. Simply calling the replace() method
        as I've shown will cause the new page to be loaded as soon as replace()
        is encountered in a script. If you want a link to do this, then use
        something like this:

        If you're wanting to load the new page into a frameset or a different
        window, then you'll need to use the proper object reference for that
        frame or winow.

        If this isn't helpful then you'll need to elaborate on your circumstances.