horizontal scrollbar in popup

  • Glenda
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31 9:01 PM
      I am looking at making a popup window that has an horizontal aspect
      rather than vertical. I am looking for a script that will create only
      have a horizontal scrollbar and no vertical. Can someone point me in
      the direction of where to find one.

      The script I have currently allows scrollbars yes/ no. Does anyone
      know the syntax to separate them?

      TIA
      GB

      "height=500,width=600,status=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=no
      ,menubar=no,location=no"
    • shortestpath
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
        not sure if you can set only horizontal (or only vertical)
        with standard js, but can you set the height of the page
        that's contained in the pop-up, to be shorter than the
        pop-up's height?
        -alex

        --- Glenda <glenda@...> wrote:

        I am looking at making a popup window that has an horizontal aspect
        rather than vertical. I am looking for a script that will create only
        have a horizontal scrollbar and no vertical. Can someone point me in
        the direction of where to find one.

        The script I have currently allows scrollbars yes/ no. Does anyone
        know the syntax to separate them?

        TIA
        GB

        "height=500,width=600,status=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=no
        ,menubar=no,location=no"

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • Kenneth Bull
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2003
          Use CSS:
          <STYLE>
          BODY {overflow-x:scroll; overflow-y:hidden;} /* (IE only) */

          or set the scroll property of the body tag to "auto" and put a wide div or table around your content.

          <BODY scroll="auto" style="margin:0px;">
          <TABLE width="1000%" height="100%" border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0>
          <TR>
          <TD>
          .
          :