If click a drop down, a selected radio unselects

  • Pig
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2003
      Hello Everyone,
      I have fixed up the code i messed up before. I now
      have a new question is it possible using JavaScript if you have
      selected a one subject or multiple subject drop down that a radio
      with the same name becomes un-clicked if it was already clicked and
      vice versa?

      Daniel
    • Reid Simonsen
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 28, 2003
        I am kind of new on JavaScript. I have seen many exampl program on
        internet. Some program use use ' ' and other program use " ". I still
        don't understand what is the different between ' ' and " ". How and
        when do we use them? Also, do we need to use ; at the end of line
        statement? some of them have and other don't have ;.

        Reid

      • Garvin Casimir
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 29, 2003
          all javascripters come from different coding
          backgrounds.

          first of all. bother ' and "" work in all the code
          that i have written. the ; is just something you must
          do with most languages like php. i guess its just good
          clean code. you have to keep your code up to standard.
          i have found situations though, when embeding code it
          is better to use ' ' aside from the normall "" found
          in html.

          --- Reid Simonsen <rsimon@...> wrote:
          > I am kind of new on JavaScript. I have seen many
          > exampl program on
          > internet. Some program use use ' ' and other program
          > use " ". I still
          > don't understand what is the different between ' '
          > and " ". How and
          > when do we use them? Also, do we need to use ; at
          > the end of line
          > statement? some of them have and other don't have ;.
          >

          > Reid

          =====
          HTTP://SILASCO.PORT5.COM/TONES/

          http://platinum.yahoo.com
        • Kenneth Bull
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2003
            '' and "" are the same thing, just remember to use the same one
            to close your quotes that you did to open.
            A ; is ALWAYS required at the end of a statement (or at least in
            the few cases it isn't, it certainly won't hurt) except after a
            closing brace }.

            Officially, a semicolon is not required at the end of a script, before
            the end of an event definition, or before a closing brace. BUT, not all
            browsers seem to agree with all that.

            Use of quotes:
            Legal: "Hello world"
            'Hello world'
            "He said, 'Hello world'"
            'He said, "Hello world"'
            "This is a quote: '"
            'This is a quote: "'
            Illegal:"Hello world'
            'Hello world"
            "He said, "Hello world""
            'He said, 'Hello world''
            "This is a quote: ""
            'This is a quote: ''

            Use of semicolon:
            function funcname(); // Wrong
            function funcname(){...}; // Wrong (; unnecessary, parsed seperately)
            if (a==b); // Wrong (Ignores if)
            dothis();

            <MYTAG onclick="dothis();"> // Right
            <MYTAG onclick="dothis()"> // Right
            <MYTAG onclick="dothis() andthis()"> // Wrong
            <MYTAG onclick="dothis(); andthis()"> // Right

            Message: 1